Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why isn't the Fatbob more popular

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by the_cruz
I love the wheels
I love the rear fender
I love the forks
I love the dual headlights

I've ridden the entire Harley line and the Fat Bob is by far the best handling bike the MoCo has in their lineup. To me it is also one of the sexiest, the Road Glide probably being THE sexiest. Guess I have a thing for dual headlights.

-Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....
I agree with that. Until I sat on a Road Glide. Didn't like the view from behind the fairing. But looks wise, yes. Except for the new Street Glides in that silver. Gorgeous!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:38 PM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Why swap it out when you can buy a different model without them? I personally don't like anything about the exterior of the Fatbob. Wouldn't make sense to buy something to change to what another model is already equiped with... and for less money.

Because that one part ( headlight) is so easy and not expensive to swap, if you happen to like the rest of the bike including the bobbed fender, fat tires, dual front brakes, forward controls it makes sense to get a fat bob. I'm still on the fence about swapping to a single light myself...

Old 09-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
That really does say it pretty well...
Now if I can find a girl like that to go with my Fat Bob. I would be set.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Never seen so many lame reasons not to like a bike.

Attached Thumbnails Why isn't the Fatbob more popular-8076588739_fe855ac28e-1.jpg   Why isn't the Fatbob more popular-8076587833_90c6486ea9.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 04:52 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

All joking aside, the Fat Bob is the best handling, best running Harley I've owned so far. The ride is good and I have no complaints about the looks. Are there things I would change about it? Sure! I can't leave anything alone whether it be bike, car, lawn mower, etc.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Never seen so many lame reasons not to like a bike.
I like reason #1...a LOT! Haha.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Wichita
2nd Gear

Why don't people like the Fat Bob? I know the thread is two years old but I need to up my posts and felt this was a good topic. I read all 19 pages of comments and found that people who have ridden the bike understand why it is the best Harley sport bike. I made a lot of changes on mine, all to improve performance and some for style. I like the lean, mean stripped down attitude of the bike. I like the duel headlights and duel front brakes and I really like the flat bars. I am not a huge fan of the rear fender and taillight but, I will fix that and powder coat a little more of the chrome and the bike will be perfect for me...which is all that is important. To all the haters of the Fat Bob I would tell them the same thing I say about my Jeep "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Personally, I don't go around knocking all the old man bikes dripping with chrome, ride what you got!

Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 AM
nobi
Novice

i have a fat bob 2014..love that machine..it has a very distinctive grunt and the delievery is smooth..i feel like i am on a real bike when i am riding it..love the manly look on it..the only thing i dont like is the rear fender which very soon i m gonna convert it into a bobber

Old 03-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nobi
i have a fat bob 2014..love that machine..it has a very distinctive grunt and the delievery is smooth..i feel like i am on a real bike when i am riding it..love the manly look on it..the only thing i dont like is the rear fender which very soon i m gonna convert it into a bobber
I have the same bike.
I initially hated the rear fender also, then I started noticing all the guys I rode with made comments about how much they liked it when out riding. High visibility at night, great at stop lights, I began to respect it for what it is. Like the dual fronts, it's a modern application that "works" on the street. I've learned to like my *** end, I will not be changing it, 14-17 the "*******" fender, is the best fat bob fender ever.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:58 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I liked the look of the 15 Fat Bob that I had but the 18 unified version of the 18 Fat Bob S and it's overall performance won me over. It's more than double the bike that the previous version was. Just my opinion don't get too upset.

Quick Reply: Why isn't the Fatbob more popular