Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why isn't the Fatbob more popular

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:49 AM
JBoggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I would have found the right used Fat Bob, no doubt I would have bought it. I just wanted one black with a lot of motor mods. The street bob I own is awesome and I have feel in love with it and would do it again. The dual headlights and front brakes on the FB I like, I don't care for the rear fender or disk wheels and don't think I could get use to forwards all the time being 5'10". Still really dig the FB's tho...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
code1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When buying a new bike this last summer I looked at every bike Harley made and traveled to 5 different dealers over a month. I had decided on a Street Bob or Wide Glide until a dealer talked me into a test drive on the Fat Bob. The Fat Bob just drove so great I bought the Fat Bob on the spot and have never looked back. It is for sure not your every day looking Harley I love the dual head light, fat front tire, soild looking wheels the Fat Bob just looks bad a** when its moving down the road lots of people stare as I pass by and cars pull up beside and ask what kind of cycle is that. You can also forget about a quick fill up at the gas station people including other Harley rides walk up and ask what type of Harley is that and often ask if it's ok take pics. Best part is I love the way it looks, love the way it drives, and best yet not everyone has one so its not you normal " Harley" that you see all day long when driving around town.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:25 AM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything I didnt like about mine I changed it, I dig the dual headlight look because it sets itself apart from any other harley IMHO. After seeing the wide glide fender I really liked it at first but then didnt really care for it. As far as the rake I didnt really care for the short stubby look so I fixed that too, and didnt care for the wheels either so I changed them out as well. And with everything I have done it handles just as good now as the day I bought, thats part of the fun of owning a harley is doing stuff to it to set it apart from anyone elses.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 AM
ak47dennis
Cruiser

Usually you can't have a conversation with out someone mentioning the dual caliber brakes, which I don't understand because the dynas I have ridden have MORE then enough braking power to lock up the front wheel in the blink of any eye. I also don't care for the solid aluminum rims, small front wheel, dual head light and the goofy bobtail fender. Oh yea the small black moulding next to the bar & shield emblem on the tank looks likes it fell off a 1987 Buick skylark and harley stuck it on there.

Only thing I do like is the old school style rear shocks, in my opinion I would pulled the plug on the fat bob llllooonnngggg before the crossbones.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Personally, I love the look of the Fatbob, but most of my riding is "two-Up" and the Fatbob is just a little too small.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
jwlehman
Road Master

Mine fits me and my personality like a glove. I get a lot of people stopping and asking about the bike...funny thing, the denim paint gets the most questions, people think that it's really "cool". Being a fairly new model, it's a little difficult to judge its popularity.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned

maybe it would be more popular if harley didn't make the new wide glide... hehe

Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 AM
JohnAE
Cruiser

Reasons I didn't buy a FB. Price, fugly rear fender, price, fat front tire, price. I really just couldn't justify paying more then it cost for an FXDC for a toy. Besides, I like chrome. If the WG had been out at the time I bought my FXDC I would have been tempted to spend more.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
Have to disagree. I think the people who like the New Wide Glide would gravitate towards the Street Bob. Seems like the Fat Bob is one of those bikes you ether love or hate.

i agree, i was making fun... i would get the street bob first... fat bob is like a red headed step child of the dyna family...

Quick Reply: Why isn't the Fatbob more popular