Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Floorboards (not FXDP...)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Dyna Floorboards (not FXDP...)

Does anyone have any experience with these boards from Drag Specialties and numerous other suppliers on a post 2006 FXD? Other retailers say they fit almost any standard Clevis mount but i keep seeing that prefixed with "for FXWG".

ADJ F-BOARDS W/DAMPER [DS-254412]

DRAG SPECIALTIES

Appears In: Suggested Retail Price: $124.95

They "seem" a reasonable alternative to proper FXDP boards and the adjustibilty factor is big plus for me, but I'm wondering if the Clevis mount is going to be under excessive stress being the only mount point, and if it is up to the task of holding the board plus the weight of my not insubstantial fat bastard legs. A footpeg is substantially lighter, and depending on how the board is mounted the stress directions at the Clevis would be far different than a peg mount.

Appreciate any first hand info.

8's

Last edited by Krazy8s; 03-21-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member

60 views, no replies. Guess its not a popular product. Be interested to know why.

For the price I'll try 'em out and report back for the benefit of anyone wondering....

Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read your post, so I'm contributing to the "views" count. I want to see others' opinions on these too.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

when considering which bike to buy after my sporty wears out, the inability to put boards on a dyna will be a consideration.

Why don't they make boards for dynas anyway? is it the exhaust configuration or the frame or something that makes harley just not offer footboards for dynas?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen those on eBay for consideriably less, i have had no actual expereince with them. I was interested in the FXDP boards, but not willing to part with 400 for them.

As an FYI, I was able to pick up some HD heel rests that have been discontinued. Thank you eBay. They were 60 bucks, they work. Not excellent, but not bad either. You may want to consider.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Why don't they make boards for dynas anyway? is it the exhaust configuration or the frame or something that makes harley just not offer footboards for dynas?
They do make boards for Dynas, the FXDP boards, but you cant buy them as a kit anymore, although you can buy all the parts individually.
good thread here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...oorboards.html

Wyatt i believe make a kit now, but its pricey ($400 +)

what has got me interested in these is the adjustability of them which is a much bigger hassle with the FXDP style setups.

I am gonna dig up a set of these to try out, for that price they're worth it I think unless someone has been there done that and has a horry story to go with it.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used this company before abnd they have boards that look the ones you posted...for much less.

http://www.kcint2.com/category/ff2_gripspegshandlebars/

I tride the $35 ones and they are a weird angle for the driver pegs...would probably work on the rear.

This is actually the ones I thought may work:
http://www.kcint2.com/product/50-440...80-AND-UP.html

Last edited by Mascman; 03-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I used a similar style board but due to being vertically challenged I came up with a rigid mount spanning the mid peg frame mount and forward control frame mount points just using the boards. The original product was fine but not for me. You will need to insure you can get all parts tight!! and all should be fine. (please see pic), sorry but I deleted my detailed pics from photobucket and cannot access them while on duty. My forwards are moved rear wards from original points and are Independent from the boards. The clevis mount points on my forward controls have been cut off to facilitate the ability to mount boards close to bike. Sorry for the lengthy input
this is a design in progress. I will need to find new surface material by the end of this year for the boards. also these were not the
shaker style boards. Krazy8s Those boards should fit any clevis mount. Originally Purchased from Dennis Kirk. Hope this Helped
Carl

05 FXDLI

Last edited by rowan; 03-24-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ones above look exactly like this kit for $69. They look good on there.

I love the prices at this place!

http://www.kcint2.com/product/50-240...Y-1984-UP.html

The other kit I listed is $75 which is a great price too.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
slick willy 73
Advanced

OK, my 2 cents worth. I had em, " old style" they were comfy. Looked good to me, had them mounted to foward controls. Down side was they cause wear on the bushing for the foot brake. They do put more pressure on the mounting point of the foward controls. That said I liked them, but I ended up selling that setup and just buying the FXDP floorboard setup from J&P cycles. I took a test ride and I love them. I hope this helps you some. I wish I had known about this forum back then. I could have saved some money.

Quick Reply: Dyna Floorboards (not FXDP...)