Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Braided cables

Old 02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Braided cables

Ok so I want to change out all of my front cables and rear brake line to a braided cable.... Where is the best place to get them and what should I expect to pay for them? I know with dual front brakes there going to be a little more than the average bike, just curious if anyone has changed all these out yet and what the cost is...

Old 02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

overly expensive!...Magnum are great cables... Personally I prefer black cables... I don't want them sticking out like a sore thumb. anyways...changing all the cables will run a few hundered dollars for good ones or some H-D ones.

Last edited by rounder; 02-08-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Magnum chromite 11 , front and rear break ,clutch, throttle and idle cables approx $365 nice cables though they will make them in the lengths you want. Takes about 10 days to deliver.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Well can't tell what your color scheme is there or paint/vs/chrome but I agree with the Magnum cables/lines mentioned above. I just put on some braided front and rear brake lines from them and they are top notch. They are not gonna be cheap that's why I only did brake lines, to me those are the two most important external lines we can change out, so I might consider some more down the road.
The only thing I was a little disppointed in was they took about 3 weeks to get to my house, but I think they probably custom make em to your specifics you put in on the website when you order it so it takes a little longer than your typical point, click, shipped type of websites.
If you do some research, Magnum actually makes some hi performance lines for HD, don't know, but I think I read it on their website.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

I got all mine for around $250, but that was with 20% off everything. Magnum chromite platinums II's. Glad to see your looking to get the rear brake line too, so many people overlook it.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 PM
tatfreek1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hill counytry customs is where i bought mine found them through ebay and paid about 220 but i overlooked the rear brake line as many do.lol

Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Kagan
Tourer

BEWARE OF CHEAP BRAIDED LINES. It means that they aren't sleeve impregnated. You want a good coating on them, never bare! If you just sleeve a bare braid it'll suck. Spend the $. Read the fine print. Bare or sleeved are junk.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 AM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine from Johnny Vaughn. Less than 300 for Barnett Cables and Goodridge brake line.

http://johnnyvaughn.com/Merchant2/me...tegory_Code=BC

Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
I got all mine for around $250, but that was with 20% off everything. Magnum chromite platinums II's. Glad to see your looking to get the rear brake line too, so many people overlook it.
Yea when I changed mine out, it's not that it's hard but it deffinitely take some patience, that pressure switch is installed in a somewhat awkward way, so you kind of have to be careful to not damage it. You don't really see much of the rear brake line but I was more concerned about the better performance than bling factor with it.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did my front brake cables from the fairing down to the calipers with stainless braided, also did my oil lines. My Indy actually did it, and ordered them, don't know what it cost me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Braided cables