Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Hang Around
Default Turn Signal Relocation

Before anyone even says it, I already did a search and cant find what im looking for. I have a 2007 street bob, I bought the drag specialties front turn signal relocation kit. I havent started the job yet but I have a question Im hoping someone can answer. The blinkers are attached to a 1" wire coming from the bottom of the switch housing, what do you do with this wire, how does it detach from the switch housing?..I found multiple posts on detaching the wires under the tank but nothing about that wire under the switch housing
Vance and Hines fuel pack
SE stage 1 air intake
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Elite HDF Member

It's real easy- you'll see as soon as you open the switch housings.

07 FXDB
Thundermax, Ohlins, 30T, Big Sucker
Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 PM
Road Master
dodgeorama

Yup, once the housing is open you'll have to clip a little zip tie to set it free... If the plug from under the tank is detached you should be able to pull the wire right out...

Take a pic of your routing once it's installed, I'll be doing mine soon and am looking for the cleanest way back into the harbess
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Hang Around

The switch housings have one small Torx tip fasteners on both halves of the housings. Just unscrew and separate. The wires run thru a rubber grommet on the bottom half. Like post above said ,snip the small plastic wire wrap holding it down on the bottom of the housing and you can pull then thru. You will need a small pair of wire cutters. Be carefull on the right side B/C of the throttle cables make it a tighter fit.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Hang Around

Thanks guys!
Vance and Hines fuel pack
SE stage 1 air intake
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Hang Around

I'll be installing a lightbar and relocating the turn signals. Just curious about the right switch housing. Do I have to remove the entire assembly (master cylinder) or can I just remove the 2 screws and separate the switch housing? Service manual talks about removal the whole thing, but I just want to release the turn signal wire from the lower switch housing.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Elite HDF Member

Just open up the switch housing. It will be obvious once you do that. There's a small wire tie you need to clip.

07 FXDB
Thundermax, Ohlins, 30T, Big Sucker
Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Ultimate HDF Member
Send a message via ICQ to 128auto

All of the above plus one more thing, you can either cut the wires and re-solder or remove the fuel tank, take the wires off the connector, that's what I did.
~Love my Harley & Blonde~
http://128auto.com/cover/streetbob/sig03.jpg
Old 06-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Hang Around

Thanks guys. I'm thinking I'll remove the tank... seems easy enough. The deluxe light bar comes with a new 6 wire harness and seems to be a direct replacement for the existing turn signal harness (well, half the harness anyway!).

I just want to clean up the old wiring and get it out of the switch housings / handlebars. Otherwise it will just bug me!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:19 PM

P

Tags
11, 2007, assembly, blinker, bob, change, glide, harley, housing, housiong, lower, relocation, signal, street, switch, turn, wide