Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Flyer6440 Flyer6440 is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 15
Default front fork axle nut torque

Do I have to measure the torque of this nut or just be sure it's tight. Also, the same with the pinch bolts holding the fork tubes. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
O-Town D's Avatar
O-Town D O-Town D is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer6440 View Post
"Do I have to measure the torque of this nut or just be sure it's tight. Also, the same with the pinch bolts holding the fork tubes. Thanks in advance"
I think these would be considered "critical fasteners," and as such should be tightened to the correct torque value - others may disagree, but to each their own. You don't mention what bike you have, but on the '010 Dynas the front axle nut torque value is 62-67 FT-LBS, and the fork tube pinch bolts is 30-35 FT-LBS.
__________________

'010 FXDF warmed over (see my albums)....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
cmonster's Avatar
cmonster cmonster is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chester sc
Posts: 318
Default

same specs on my 08- just did it changing tire and fork oil-i dont worry too much about little stuff like belt guard bolts or horn bolts but pinch bolts and axel bolts very important!
__________________
CMONSTER
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Flyer6440 Flyer6440 is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town D View Post
I think these would be considered "critical fasteners," and as such should be tightened to the correct torque value - others may disagree, but to each their own. You don't mention what bike you have, but on the '010 Dynas the front axle nut torque value is 62-67 FT-LBS, and the fork tube pinch bolts is 30-35 FT-LBS.
My bike is a 97 Super Glide. Are the torque values the same as yours?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
O-Town D's Avatar
O-Town D O-Town D is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area, NorCal
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer6440 View Post
"My bike is a 97 Super Glide. Are the torque values the same as yours?"
I would not think so - believe those earlier bikes had LOWER torque values on these particular fasteners. If you don't get an answer here in the Dyna forum, perhaps you can try posting in one of the other catagories for the factory torque specs on your year bike.
__________________

'010 FXDF warmed over (see my albums)....
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
 
 
 
P
Reply


Tags
2007, axle, bolt, davidson, fork, front, harley, hd, motorcycle, nut, softail, sportster, tightness, tire, torque, tube


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join HDForums

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Internet Brands, Inc.