Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob with Cross Bones Front End

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

The OP asked about a Cross Bones front end. That is an FL type with 16 inch tire. That is one I really would like to see!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Member KansasHellride has a springer front end ...

Also Kpreese ...

And bikerlaw ...

And man4mopar ...

And gorilla ...

... but none of them are from a Cross Bones donor ... may be a few more springer Dynas that I can't think of off hand ....

R/
'Chop

Old 05-19-2011, 01:42 PM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

but can a cross bones springer front end fit on a dyna?

Old 05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking at gorilla's thread again ... he is using a 16" x 3" front rim ... more or less what the Cross Bones is using ... but, it looks different because it's not blacked out ....

Also, might not be quite as wide ... and different look without a fender ....

R/
'Chop

Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
robert brian caudle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default springer on street bob

can you tell me the total cost on street bob springer front end...and what parts you had to get

Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

There is no Street Bob Springer front end. Paughco makes a Springer that is a direct bolt on, but its two thousand dollars. You can modify standard forks from the MOCO but it takes quite a bit of grinding and prep work. Used factory forks go from $600 to $1200 on ebay. Just for the forks. You can also get a cheaper DNA Springer. They are $400. I installed one of them a couple years back. As with the MOCO forks, they will fit but you have to do a ton of grinding and fitting to be able to actually turn them. All of them will require a set of brakes and a fender..... if you want a fender. Springers also use Springer specific risers and most standard handlebars won't fit either. The riser spacing on Springers is wider than standard forks.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 09-25-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
There is no Street Bob Springer front end. Paughco makes a Springer that is a direct bolt on, but its two thousand dollars. You can modify standard forks from the MOCO but it takes quite a bit of grinding and prep work. Used factory forks go from $600 to $1200 on ebay. Just for the forks. You can also get a cheaper DNA Springer. They are $400. I installed one of them a couple years back. As with the MOCO forks, they will fit but you have to do a ton of grinding and fitting to be able to actually turn them. All of them will require a set of brakes and a fender..... if you want a fender. Springers also use Springer specific risers and most standard handlebars won't fit either. The riser spacing on Springers is wider than standard forks.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 PM
robert brian caudle
2nd Gear
Default bad boy front end

how hard will it be to put a bad boy front end on my street bob..what all will i need to do.....what is a fair price to spend on a bad boy or cross bones springer front ends used

Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM
robert brian caudle
2nd Gear

anybody have any info on springer bad boy fronts or cross bones fronts want to put on street bob. how much am i looking at..and what parts will i need....

Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

If its anything like putting a standard Softail set of forks on a Dyna, you will have to do a significant amount of grinding to the fork stops. I installed a DNA Springer on my bike a while back before I went with the current Paughco. The DNA was made for the Softail neck. I had to grind down a ton of metal on the Springer itself as well as the fork stop that is integral to the neck of my Low Rider. Nothing that couldn't be overcome, but a hell of a lot of work for sure. I have never installed a MOCO factory Springer on a Dyna because I don't like the derake they have. I prefer the true inline features of the traditional Paughco Springer and even the DNA. Like I mentioned in my first post, if you opt for a factory 1988 or newer set of forks, you will spend $600-1200 just for the forks if you get the FX (Bad Boy Style) Springer and (like AFMM3 stated) probably double that for the FL (Heritage) style Springer. Then you need a wheel and tire with a 3/4 axle, a set of brakes, springer risers, and a headlight. Springer bars can be had anywhere. If you shop smart, $1,500 should get you what you need for the older FX style and 21 inch wheel. A grand more if you want the FL style front end with a 16 inch wheel/tire combo. A heck of a lot less if you buy DNA forks. But they are cheap Chinese parts. They will get the job done, but they are still cheap chinese forks. I got my Paughco at cost due to some favors I pulled, so I have maybe $2,000 total into my entire front end. That included the brand new forks, wheel, brakes, headlight and bars. I reused the factory fender. I hope you do it. We need more Dyna Springers.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 09-26-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Street Bob with Cross Bones Front End