05-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Turn Signal/Hazard Lights Problem....
I need some help... I have a 2007 Dyna Street Bob. A few weeks ago I removed the rear turn signals and added an aftermarket LED tailight with integrated rear turn signals. I then added a Kuryakyn load equalizer. It all seemed to work great. I have ridden it several hours with no problems.... Then today I was all the way across town and noticed that when I turned on either turn signal, the hazard lights came on instead. Both the front and rear lamps blink when I hit either turn signal switch. The brake light and taillight still work fine. I removed the lens cover when I got back to my garage and I can't seem to find any grounding or connection problems. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to troubleshoot/fix it?
05-20-2011, 11:06 PM
what type of light did you install?? put the Kuryakyn Panacea on mi 06 streetbob and removed the stock rear signals and used the load equalizer that came with it and didnt have any problems like you are having. I think they say NOT to use the 4 way flashers with this light
2006 STREET BOB, STAGE 1 KIT, POWER COMMANDER, THUNDERHEADERS, 2" TANK LIFT, 10" risers with 3"rise sporty bars PM HOOLIGAN WHEELS ...... MORE CHANGES COMING SOON!!!
05-21-2011, 12:10 AM
It is just a generic lay flat lens and light module I bought off of ebay. I'm thinking it has something to do with the bike's computer since it was working properly and the brake and taillights still work. It also seems strange that the stock bulbs in the front and the turn signal indicators under the speedo flash as well.... I wonder if there is a way to reset the computer. I checked for codes and cleared out a code S-b1122. Turn signal error code. It also gave me a part number 68921-07. The part number comes up as a turn signal module. They are calling for rain all day tomorrow... looks like I'll be spending the day checking connections and grounds.
05-21-2011, 12:14 AM
check out badlands load equalizers.
05-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Try this and see if it helps you out any.
The IM (instrument module) is capable of displaying DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes).
Speedometer Self Diagnostics: The speedometer is capable of displaying and clearing speedometer, tachometer, TSM/TSSM and ICM/ECM Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC).
1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.
2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.
3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting sould illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word “diag” should then appear.
4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" with the first P flashing.
5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module) to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.)
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer
T = tachometer
6 - To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s the code will be displayed or the word “none” will appear if there are no DTC’s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.
7 - Record the codes.
8 - If DTC’s are not to be cleared, Press and release the odometer reset button. Part number of module will be displayed.
NOTE: To determine if a code is current or historic, clear the displayed code by pushing in and holding the odometer reset button ( longer than 5 seconds) until 'clear' comes up. Release the odometer reset button. Turn OFF the ignition switch. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC’s again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.
9 – Press and release the odometer reset button to continue to the next module.
10 – Turn Ignition switch to OFF.
On models not equipped with a tachometer "No Rsp" will appear when the tachometer identifier is selected.
"No Rsp" (no response) will also appear if the run/off switch is in the off position when doing this procedure.
HFSM = Hands Free Security Module
TSM = Turn signal module
1. P0605 ECM FLASH Memory Error
2. P0603 ECM EEPROM Memory Error
3. U1300 ECM Serial Data Low
4. U1301 ECM Serial Data High
5. U1097 Loss of Speedometer Serial Data to ECM
6. U1064 Loss of TSM/FSFM Serial Data to ECM
7. P1003 System relay contacts open
8. P1002 System Relay Coil High/Shorted
9. P1001 System Relay Coil Open/Low
10. P1004 System Relay Contacts Closed
11. P1009 Incorrect Password
12. P1010 Missing Password
13. P06415 V+Vref 1 Out Of Range
14. P06515 V+Vref 2 Out Of Range
15. P0373 CKP Sensor Intermittent
16. P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low
17. P0108 Map Sensor High
18. P0374 CKP Sensor Synch Error
19. P1511 Throttle actuator control power management failure of throttle control actuator
20. P1600 EFI Module Processor Internal Error
21. P1270 TGS Validation Error
22. P2107 EFI Module Processor Internal Fault
23. P2101 throttle actuator control motor circuit range/performace error
24. P2122 TGS1 Low/Open
25. P2123 TGS1 High
26. P2127 TGS2 Low/Open
27. P2128 TGS2 High
28. P2138 TGS Correlation Error (Twist grip sensor)
29. P0120 TPS1 Range Error
30. P0220 TPS2 Range Error
31. P0122 TPS1 Low
32. P0123 TPS2 High/Open
33. P0222 TPS2 Low
34. P0223 TPS2 High/Open
35. P2135 TPS Correlation Error
36. P2119 EFI Motor Throttle Body Range Performance
37. P2100 EFI Motor Circuit Open
38. P2101 EFI Motor Circuit Range Performance (Actuation Error)
39. P2102 EFI Motor Circuit Low
40. P2103 EFI Motor Circuit High
41. P2176 EFI Closed Position Not Learned
42. P1514 Air Flow Fault
43. P2105 EFI Forced engine shutdown
44. P1501 Jiffy Stand Sensor Low
45. P1502 Jiffy Stand Sensor High
46. P0572 Brake Switch Low
47. P0117 ET Sensor Low
48. P0118 ET Sensor High
49. P0112I AT Voltage Low
50. P0113I AT Voltage Open/High
51. P1351 Front Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
52. P1354 Rear Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
53. P1352 Front Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
54. P1355 Rear Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
55. P1357 Front Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
56. P1358 Rear Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
57. P0261 Front Injector Open/Low
58. P0263 Rear Injector Open/Low
59. P0262 Front Injector High
60. P0264 Rear Injector High
61. P0562 Battery Voltage Low
62. P0563 Battery Voltage High
63. P0501 VSS Sensor Low
64. P0502 VSS Sensor High/Open..
65. P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion
66. P1353 Front Cylnder No Combustion
67. P0444 Purge Solenoid Open/Low
68. P0445 Purge Solenoid High
69. P1475 Exhaust Actuation Position Error
70. P1477 Exhaust Actuator Open/Low
71. P1478 Exhaust Actuator Shorted/High
72. P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low
73. P0151 Rear Oxygen Sensor Low
74. P0132 Front Oxygen Sensor High
75. P0152 Rear Oxygen Sensor High
76. P0134 Front Oxygen Sensor Inactive
77. P0154 Rear Oxygen Sensor Inactive.
78. P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
79. P1511 EFI Power Management Mode
80. P1512 EFI Forced Idle Mode
81. P0577 Cruise Control Input High
HFSM = Hands Free Security Module
TSM = Turn signal module
1. U1300 Serial Data Low
2. U1301Serial Data High
3. U1016Loss of ECM Serial Data
4. U1255Serial Data Error
5. B1142Smart Security System Internal Fault
6. B1135Accelerometer Failed
7. B1136(HFSM)Accelerometer Tip Test Error
8. B1151Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) Short to Ground
9. B1152Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) Short to Battery
10. B1153Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) High
11. B1154Clutch Switch Input Short to Ground
12. B1155Neutral Switch Input Short to Battery
13. B1134Starter Output High
14. B1121(TSM)Left Turn Output Fault
B1121(HFSM)Left Turn Output Open
15. B1122(TSM)Right Turn Output Fault
B1122(HFSM)Right Turn Output Open
16. B1123(HFSM)Left Turn Output Short to Ground
17. B1124(HFSM)Right Turn Output Short to Ground
18. B1125(HFSM)Left Turn Output Short to Battery
19. B1126(HFSM)Right Turn Output Short to Battery
20. B1143(HFSM)Security Antenna Short to Ground
21. B1144(HFSM)Security Antenna Short to Battery
22. B1145(HFSM)Security Antenna Open
23. B0563Battery Voltage High.
24. B1131(HFSM)Alarm Output Low
25. B1132(HFSM)Alarm Output High
26. B1141(TSM)Ignition Switch Low/Open
B1141(HFSM)Ignition Switch Low/Open
The following came from the ABS section of the 2008 Electrical Diagnostics manual- hopefully close enough until something better comes available...
C0562 Device voltage low
C0563 System voltage high
C1014 ECU internal fault
C1017 Pump motor power circuit open fault
C1018 Pump motor ground high resistance fault
C1021 Front wheel speed sensor equals 0
C1023 Rear wheel speed sensor equals 0
C1025 Front wheel speed signal intermittent
C1027 Rear wheel speed signal intermittent
C1032 Front wheel speed sensor circuit open or shorted
C1034 Rear wheel speed sensor circuit open or shorted
C1042 Pump motor open
C1043 Pump motor stalled
C1055 ECU internal fault
C1056 ECU internal fault
C1057 ECU internal fault
C1061 ECU internal fault
C1062 ECU internal fault
C1065 ECU internal fault
C1066 ECU internal fault
C1094 Front brake switch always on
C1095 Front brake switch open
C1118 ECU internal fault
C1121 ECU internal fault
C1151 Front wheel release too long
C1153 Rear wheel release too long
C1158 Calibration programming required
C1206 Wheel speed sensor frequency out of range
C1208 Wheel speed sensor frequency out of range
C1212 Front or rear brake not applied with decel
C1214 Rear brake switch always on
C1216 Rear brake switch open
U1300 Serial data low
U1301 Serial data open/high
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
2010 Street Bob, Rinehart Churchills Exhaust, Ness Big Sucker II, Crossbones A/C Cover, Xied's, Burly Brand Slammers
|c1094, c1214, causing, flash, front, harley, light, lights, module, panacea, problem, relay, signal, speedometer, system, tsm
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off