Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo No Longer Covering Inner Primary Bearing Failure??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MoCo No Longer Covering Inner Primary Bearing Failure??

Done the drill, got a reference number from the MoCo, took it to the dealer who confirmed they feel it is the infamous IPB. Dealer called the MoCo with the reference number in hand to get approval for the repair and were told HD no longer covering this repair.

So here's my question, I'd like to go back to the MoCo with examples of recent covered repairs that I've heard of on this forum. So can anyone say in the last couple of months they've had the MoCo cover the IPB replacement on a "good will" basis?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would just replace the bearing myself... go with the baker hi-torgue one piece bearing... its alot better then the 2 piece design that you have and will again if harley replaces it...

Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You could always file a negative claim against the Moco via the Better Business Bureau. That usually ruffles some feathers enough to get what you want. Isn't there some sort of bulletin detailing the IPB issue proving the moco acknowledges the design flaw?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I saw a copy of this bulletin regarding 2006 Dynas posted on a forum here. In the letter it stated that the motor company would be fixing this problem on the 2006 Dynas but with the economy who knows if they will continue to do this . Harley has always had a history of weaseling out of its obligations if they can get away with it. that is just a fact .

Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The only thing I have seen on it was the original letter stating they will replace them at 15k mile intervals and then the follow up letter saying that it was deemed to be no longer necessary. I would agree with the earlier post about the Baker bearing, less hassle and no future worries. It worked for me.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,189 Likes on 12,877 Posts

Think about this..........if websites like this one didn't exist.....they wouldn't have covered this design flaw once it was out of warranty. Does anyone doubt that HD monitors this site and others regularly? These dealers that act stupid about an issue when you tell them about it? They're dishonest.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to bump this one last time, looking for anyone that has had MoCo cover the replacement of the IPB in the last couple of months. If not, I'm hosed and I guess I'll go with the Baker bearing at my expense.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

its very easy to repair/upgrade this yourself, itll cost you a few hundies to do it but it can easily be done. I just did this upgrade to a friends 06 street bob 3-4 months ago.

i have the two letters that covered the upgrade and concluded it and a receipt of someone getting it replaced in oct of 2009 if you want it pm me your email address..

Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Low_Wider
Just wanted to bump this one last time, looking for anyone that has had MoCo cover the replacement of the IPB in the last couple of months. If not, I'm hosed and I guess I'll go with the Baker bearing at my expense.
Before throwing in the towel, exhaust all your avenues with the moco. By the way, other than a new bearing, you'll need a new "doweled" primary cover if memory serves me correct.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Just replace the bearing yourself for the Baker one. It will be fixed correctly and will be less of a hassle than dealing with the MoCo.

Quick Reply: MoCo No Longer Covering Inner Primary Bearing Failure??