Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Prospect
Default Sissybar and backrest for 08 Street Bob ... other things for 2 rider

Hi guys

need same help ... my wife told me that wants to go with me to a big event in Portugal (Faro). She never rides with me so i don`t have backrest or a good seat for 2.

My usual set is ... solo seat, burly slammer kit ...

If i put the burly shocks on max, is it cool to ride with 2? i am a small guy and my wife also like 130 kilos both.

I have a friend that have a detacheble backrest of a 2001 Dyna ... does it fit? or only same parts like side plates? sissy bar? ....

what parts do i need so it work in my SB?

Give me a "hand" please

Thanks to all
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Elite HDF Member

Can't help you with the Burly shocks. But as for the sissy bar from the 2001, that will not fit. For the best results, look at HD's website - they have plenty of backrests that will fit. Lots of seat options too.

Not sure if you have passenger foot pegs either, because you said you only ride alone, but that is another thing to look at if you don't.

2013 Road King, Candy Orange & Beer Bottle Brown.
V&H Pro Pipe, SE Air Ventilator kit, and ViEDs. More to come for sure.
However, I need some more $$$$ first. Anyone
with a winning lotto ticket please call me!!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Elite HDF Member

1. 2001 sissy bar will not fit.

2. I have only heard bad things about Burly and 2 up.

3. You'll need a 2up seat and passenger pegs, obviously.

In short, Harley's are hot, heavy, and stock performance is a joke. All true. Did I mention I LOVE my Harley's?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Road Master

ahh. dont be scared of the burly kit. i ride 2 up on mine all the time. never 8 hour days but we travel a few hours away and stay then return the next day on a regular basis. i am 205 pounds. prob 215. and my girlfriend is 110 never an issue with the burly kit. i would say buy the right thing first when it comes to passenger comfort. get a detachable sissy bar with backrest, she will hate riding long distance without it. and make sure u get a good seat. i just got the c and c sport tour and we both love it. i thought it was best looking. if you arent into looks you can go for a harley touring seat or something big and fluffy
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Elite HDF Member

Many things to add

1. I bought a Sundowner 2-up seat and kept the solo seat for single rides.
2. Detachable sissy bar requires moving rear turn signals to latch the sissy bar. You will have to buy the cushion separately. Many styles to choose.
3. Foot pegs and mounting brackets for pegs.
4. I kept the stock shocks and bought wrench (spanner) to adjust the shocks for 2-up riding.

2007 Street Bob
Pewter denim
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM

P