Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions - Fat Bob Air Cleaner & remapping

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 AM
TNReb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions - Fat Bob Air Cleaner & remapping

Two quick questions... I've spent the last day using the search feature... appreciate everyone's replies in all the other hundreds of threads.

1. For those who have change the air cleaner on their Fat Bob, what a/c did you install and how does the "leg room" compare to the factory a/c? I'm constantly bumping the factory, so I don't want something that sticks out even more. I see previous threads saying the SE Heavy Breather improves leg room, but am interested in some feedback on the Big Sucker.

2. I've installed V&H slip-ons already. After putting on a new a/c, I figured I would have it remapped just to keep it running as cool as possible. Assuming I'm not going to make any other changes, would I need to just get a download? Does that involve putting it on a dyno? What if I just buy something like the PC3? Does that still require a dyno? Sorry, but I'm pretty lost when it comes to the remapping stuff.

Also for question #2, - let's say down the road (possibly 6-12 months from now), I want to change the pipes entirely - probably V&H Big Shots or Big Radius. Would I need to have ANOTHER remap done then? Dyno again?

Changing the pipes and a/c all at once isn't in the budget right now...

Last edited by TNReb; 07-05-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're going to get all kinds of responses to your questions. I'll tell you this though, your cat converter is in the head pipe so she's still going to be a little warm no matter what you do. In my lowly opinion, change the exhaust completely, put on the SE heavy breather or some other free flowing air cleaner, and get a PC5. Then dyno tune. JMO but it's what I did.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
rockymtnhigh
Cruiser

I've got the 8" round HD breather on my bike. I don't notice it sticks out further then stock. It's a clean and simple look. When you get the new AC you'll need a ECM download or tuner. I went with the fuel moto power commander. Lots of options then to self tune when you get new pipes etc..

Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
BubbleGutZ
Cruiser

I gotta SPP air cleaner on my bike. I havent really notice any leg room problems but that could be cuz of my height. As far as the tune, and changing pipes. I dont think you would need a new tune unless you went from duals to a 2 into 1. But im not sure if you get something like a thundermaxx or something simular you should be alright,