Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
TopKat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuelpak

Ok here we go. After reading about all the tuners out there my head is about to explode.
I've just about decided to go for the Fuelpak for the following reasons:
1. I dont plan on making any other mods to my engine beyond what I've already done.
2. The Fuelpak seems to be the easyest to install and program.
3. I want to smooth out the performance of what I have and maintain the amazing MPG too. (Is that possible?)
I mosty just want a plug and play tuner and once dialed in leave it be.
I'd like to hear from all you guys who have and LIKE the Fuelpak.
Please share all your experiences.

BTW, I have a 2010 FXDC, Stage 1 breather kit, factory download and Khrome Werks HP+ 3" slip-on's.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2007 FXDC, stage one breather, V&H Big Shots, factory download, fuelpak. Not had an issue at all. I will go to a PC when/if I do a 107. Until then, it's fine as it is.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Squirrel67
Cruiser

I went with the fuelpak, python staggerd duels and SE stage1 ac kit, nice improvement over stock ( very noticeable ), runs cooler and have not had any problem's with back firing, d'cell poping or running poorly when wet. The bike is very smooth through the rpm range. I'm very happy with mine. I also have thought about going to a pc 3 or 5 but I just see too many complaint's about them, so I figure, why mess with it if it is working out so well? I think I'll just stick to my fuelpak.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had issues with dealing with V&H on 2 occasions now. 1 has had to deal with the fuel pack and there technition wont return my calls. 2 years ago they were pleasant to deal with, now they seem to not give 2 ***** about me anymore. i am having a setup problem where i can not adjust my fuel pack without my bike actually running. and since its running i cannot set the throttle setting cuz i need to be in "fully open"
nobody wants to help me over at V&H.

I'm taking it to Carlisle and maybe one of those techs can fix my problem. if not then it will be strike 3 and i'll gladly find another company to deal with.

so good luck with picking the fuel pak, hope yours works and if not, hopefully they will help you.
oh and to answer your question, yeah its pretty straight forward set it and forget it kind of stuff (if it works)

Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
09sporty
Tourer

V&H Straight Shots, HD Stage 1 Air cleaner, and a Fuelpak. Bike runs great, and sounds great. I will probably never do more than stage 1, and don't anticipate any pipe swaps, or anything more than what I currently have. I got it because I knew I wouldn't change anything after I did. It's been working great 2 yrs now.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuelpak works well for most, but there are problem bikes like my neighbor's that we could never get to run right with one. Odds are you will be lucky and love it. You may want to add an Xied to improved idle and cruising operating smoothness. The fuelpak is not noted for smoothness, its more about making good power, but it may be smooth enough for you (everyone has a different judgment call on just how smooth is smooth enough).

If you are looking for silky smooth, you need something more sophisticated than either a Fuelpak or PC... and may want to hire a competent pro.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
TopKat
Advanced

Appreciate all the input so far. Thanks.
Any comments on MPG too?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had Fuelpak on my last bike - it works off the throttle position sensor. I had problems with it in one season and it had a vicious decel pop. Also- it's always attached to the bike and if it fails on the road - you'll limp home. I would look into Dynojet's Power Vision. It is simple. Plug and play - nothing stays on the bike unless you want it to. Reflash the ecm - put it back in the box and you're finished. Fuelpak stays on the bike - subject to constant vibrations, potential to get wet, changes in temperature, etc... Go to the fuel management forum - I think you'll see that Fuelpak is probably rated lower than the other systems.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

I run a FuelPak amd don't have any issues with it. I like you knew I was going to make any other changes. My MPG stayed the same as before I made the changes.

Quick Reply: Fuelpak