Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil cooler and True Track??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oil cooler and True Track??

It's in the high 90's/100's (35c/42c) here everyday and have come to the conclusion I want an oil cooler..
*Very interested in the Oil Bud oil cooler. Bud says it works with the True Track installed. Would like to see pics of your install and/or tips on making it easier (which ever cooler I use, I'll be installing it myself).
http://harleyoilcoolers.com/buy_oilbud_18.html

*Also like the look and the price of the Pro One oil cooler with temperature gauge. But have never seen one on a bike! Pics??
http://www.pro-one.com/201100B_Oil_Cooler_p/201100b.htm
Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I have the same issue. Am leaning toward the Jagg, about $300 compared to the $600 for the Bud. The boards say you can add it with the true track (horizontal version) but may need some adjustments. Would like to see pics as well as I think the Jagg uses the same mounts as on the TT. I may go the vertical mount as I live in Philippines where roads are crap and will pick up a lot of **** from front wheel.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen pics of the TT with the Jagg 10-row cooler installed. Not as simple as mounting one to the Sputhe Positrac, but very doable and the outcome is very clean.

It's a lot simpler to do the TT first and then the cooler, otherwise you'll just need to disconnect the cooler and it's hoses to modify it to fit with the TT. I had the cooler already mounted when I put on the Sputhe and had no problem, but the TT will require removing, cutting and modifying the cooler's mount to fit. For the clean mounting that I saw, the TT mount will need to removed also, then drilled and tapped for the modified cooler mount to bolt into from behind, so you may as well just to do them both at the same time.

I'm not sure if fans can be mounted behind the cooler/TT combo, but with the cooler/Sputhe combo they fit without an issue.

I wouldn't be concerned about road debris hurting the cooler. Even dirt bikes with knobbies don't kick up much stuff with the front tire, besides those fins will absorb the impact before the tubes can be touched or punctured.

I'd go ahead and order the TT and Jagg's if a cooling fan isn't going to be needed. I know they do work together with a little cutting, drilling and tapping and look good.

Maybe the guy here that did the clean install will chime in and show you how he did it.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

*BUMP*
Anyone got pics of the Pro One cooler on their bike??

Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiro Drummer
*BUMP*
Anyone got pics of the Pro One cooler on their bike??
That's a good looking unit, but I don't see any cooling fins on it. They need surface area to extract heat.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:15 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went old school on mine...............

Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 AM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hey, can you show some up close pics of how that looks...
Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
I went old school on mine...............

Old 07-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

@SteveO: That's a pretty cool unit. Have you got pics of it installed?? Does it come in Black??

Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's on my bike in my signature, I'll charge up my camera and see about some better pics tomorrow.

I like the fact it gets straight air and is up off the ground level, so no debris is slung up on it. These are chrome plated aluminum, I did have to make lower clamps for it as their clamps only fit the unit, so I modified some larger ones that fit the frames down tubes.

Hope this helps.........................

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 07-22-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Thanks SteveO!!!
Still lookin' for pics of the Oil Bud or a ProOne oil cooler installed on a dyna.

Quick Reply: Oil cooler and True Track??