Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
JerrySC
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pump Noise

Normally when I turn my 06 Dyna's kill switch on, I get the faint whir of the fuel pump running until the lights go out and it's ready to start. I've noticed a few times that the pump noise is much louder than usual. It doesn't do it all the time, just once in awhile. Bike is running great and there aren't any codes or lights. Anyone else ever notice their pump periodically making more noise than usual while priming before start?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Pump Noise

Mine also buzzes real loud once in a while.......probably just the component getting ready to self destruct on the day after the warranty expires........

Old 11-12-2006, 11:53 AM
JerrySC
Cruiser

Let's hope not! I did a search and saw that many others have experienced the same noise, but haven't found an answer for it yet. Mine usually does it on a long ride on the first start after a refuel. Not always though.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:57 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I won't pay any attention to it unless the bike won't start. My engine sounds like a frickin sewing machine anyway so who gives a crap. But it rides great and my problem is not getting enough time to ride it anyway.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

mine has always made the noise from day one................after installing the 16"apes it has been louder... dont know why.bike runs perfect.........just loud when you push the run button............................................ ...

Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

I don't think its a problem, sometimes I can't even hear it. That is more diturbing for some reason.

My car does the same thing.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:41 AM
truenorth
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard the same weird noise from the fuel pump on my bike and my friend has the same issue with his. Apart from the recall for the tranny, primary inner bearing, fuel injectors, flickering neutral light, noisy rear disc brake when cornering (even though I am not touching the brake pedal), noise from the drive belt, plus a front end clunk every time the front brake is applied, it's running great. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:21 PM
sal1269
Intermediate

The fuel pump always makes a little noise. The part that disturbs me is that mine now makes an intermittent hissing noise from the fuel pump and for some reason......I have had issue with the when my fuel light comes on and the thing runs out of gas. I will be running out of gas the minute the freakin light comes on!! Starts to pop and die on decelleration. Sound about like what anybody else is experiencing?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
tarathatcher
Tourer

[:-] My fuel pump sounds like it could die sometimes the noises it makes! I only have 4500 miles on my bike!

ORIGINAL: truenorth

I have heard the same weird noise from the fuel pump on my bike and my friend has the same issue with his. Apart from the recall for the tranny, primary inner bearing, fuel injectors, flickering neutral light, noisy rear disc brake when cornering (even though I am not touching the brake pedal), noise from the drive belt, plus a front end clunk every time the front brake is applied, it's running great. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 11-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Mine "whirs" a little then it's fine.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Noise