Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Headlamp on 11 WG

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as it has a 5 3/4" headlamp?

"67700043A

5 3/4" Headlamp - Gloss Black

Fits '06-'11 VRSCD, VRSCDX, '04-later XL, '09-later XR, '91-later DynaŽ (except FXDF and FXDWG), '84-later FXSTS, FLSTS, '00-later FXCW/C, FXS, FXST, FXSTB, FXSTC, FXSTD and '05-later FLSTSB and FLSTSC models. Some models require Vibration Damper P/N 67700059 or Housing Kit P/N 67700093.

MSRP US $399.95"

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WestFloridaHogRida
Would this work on 2011 Street Bob?
According to the Harley web site it will work

Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 PM
edgez
6th Gear

Did the same install in my 09 LowRider. Already had the visor trim ring to cut glare off windshield.
BIG bucks but what an IMPROVEMENT over stock! MUCH nicer to ride at night!5 minute install, just be careful with the wires.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 AM
kneichko
Cruiser

Put light in, very simple to install. The only way I see to adjust it is at the bolt that connects the housing to the trees. Am I missing something inside?

Old 08-20-2011, 08:21 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am taking mine off and replacing with a 7" Kury LED. I just finished a trip to the west coast ran a lot of night riding through mountains in Az and NM, lots of deer/elk running. I did not like the defined light at the top, I will get the kury to throw good light in a wider patern.

This 5 " stock replacement is at least 3 times better than stock though.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 PM
valter
Tourer

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I am taking mine off and replacing with a 7" Kury LED. I just finished a trip to the west coast ran a lot of night riding through mountains in Az and NM, lots of deer/elk running. I did not like the defined light at the top, I will get the kury to throw good light in a wider patern.

This 5 " stock replacement is at least 3 times better than stock though.
I can see what you are saying, i notice that when i am taking turns, the horizon is in a pattern in which i can not see what is coming around the corner...would be sweet if the light could turn and point where you were going...anyhow, Irene is coming! time to find shelter...ha

Old 08-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The Harley LED is a projector and has to be carefully aligned. Projectors don't have the spill of parabolic reflectors and tend to concentrate their output where they're focused. You'll have a hard time finding a brighter high beam than the retangular beam from the Harley LED. The low beam is cut off to keep from blinding the opposing traffic with its spread. I run the high beam in tight turns.
Billy

Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not in love with the look of the light.... But I have seen it in action, a friend has one, and holy **** its bright!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM
valter
Tourer

so, found the time to take the light out, and see how it fits back in. found out what happened.

there is a metal ring in there, that has a notch on the side. i guess when i put it in, i didn't stick it in the notch, and it was just sitting in there held in by the outside ring. i pushed it in there, made it snug, to where you can't twist it, made sure there was the same amount of enclosure poking out on each side, and put it all back together. high beam is on target now.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Valter I ued to live in Cville,right off Stringfellow on 5 acres, just drove by my old house on a business trip there,they built a bunch of mini-mansions there. I know that area is infested with deer and some great riding west of you, I would look at getting motolights or the HD fog lights to get more light to the sides of the roads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Headlamp on 11 WG