Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip ons for 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
rich0924
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip ons for 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom

Looking for recommendations for putting slip ons on my bike. I would like to make the bike sound a little louder with with out upsetting the neighbors also is it necessary for any additional modifications. i am also considering a stage one air cleaner

Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM
tonygret
Tourer

I have the Rush 1.7 slipons which are as loud as I would go. I had some V&H on a previous HD and they were deafening. I also have the Fuel Moto stage 1 and a Power Vision tuner. It all works perfectly together. I originally had the just the slipons and no tuner was needed. But after installing the A/C I went with the tuner and it woke the thing up.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Rich,

If you go with a stage one, ie: high flow air filter and slip-ons your going to need a fuel management system or else your bikes fuel/air ratio will not be set up correctly. (There are a bunch of threads on this topic for your viewing pleasure if you would like to read them.)

You can get one of many systems out there. I have the power commander PCV on my bike. It does what I need it to. I bought mine from fuel moto, forum sponsor because they have lifetime "map support" and doubled the warranty on my parts. The masp they provide are free of charge and are for the PCV if/when you decide to change any components on your bike, ie: different pipes or air filter etc...

The maps are downloaded to your pcv via a lap top. Not sure how much you are familiar with fuel management systems but they do what you would think they do, they manage your fuel to air ratio.

With that said, and to answer your question about pipes etc...

I am completely happy with my SE backplate K&N filter, PCV and S&S slip ons. Great simple effective set up that is bullet proof in my opinion. The set up makes the bike run and sound like it should in my opinion.

Regarding pipes and options: Some popular slip ons are Cycle Shack, Rush, Vance and Hines etc...

Regarding air filter intakes: Two very popular options on this forum are the Screamin Eagle from HD and the Arlen Ness Big sucker. There are other options of course but those are the 2 most popular in my opinion.

I could not be happier with my S&S performance slip ons. They are not quiet pipes, but they are not "rip-your-face-off-loud" pipes either. They sound perfect to my ears, but sound is subjective. You will probably get a lot of different suggestions so good luck.

one more thing. I have to tell you that after you add the 3 components for the stage one...Your bike will have much better throttle response, run cooler and ride like it should have from the factory. You can thank the EPA for strangling your bike from the factory.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 08-28-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:02 PM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Rush 1.75's on my 2011 FXDC as well. For me they're perfect. Just right in loudness but you can back off the gas and quiet 'em down.

So far I've left the air cleaner stock and I have seen no need to change anything in the fuel management system at all. Service manager at the dealership told me the FI would adjust itself after 50 miles and after the first 50 miles I haven't had a decel pop at all. May or may not be optimal but the bike runs great and I'm happy with it as is (unless I change out the AC as stated)-I'm not looking to squeeze out the last 1/2 HP or whatever.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Smile

i have the fatboy lo i have the rush slip on mufflers with the 2 inch baffle bike runs fine. i just put in the stock k-n filter in bike runs even better

Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM
MikeSz
Cruiser

I have 2011 superglide. I went with the Rush 2 inch slash cut slip ons, SE Ventilator AC, but had a guy tune it with SERT. My gosh! Wow! So much better than stock. Pricey, but life is short! Prety loud though. Might want to go with 1.75 inch baffles.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:17 PM
rich0924
6th Gear

every one thanks for the info

Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
16VAFXDL
Road Captain

Received 63 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a set of Vance & Hines Twin Slash Slip-ons on my FXDC and I liked them fine. They had a good sound without being deafening. Also had the standard HD Stage I AC kit and a Fuel Pak. Some exhaust popping with this set up, but nothing I could not live with. Also like the Twin Slash because they are a lot less common to see on the Dyna's.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same bike, 2011 FXDC and I installed the Rush slash down, with 1.5. It has a nice rumble to it and will bark when you jump on it. I have neighbors and didn't want the noise level to drive them crazy. Just my preference.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:56 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush Slash cut's w/1.75 baffles, Big Sucker AC w/round chrome cover, and a Dobeck TFI to add some fuel. Sounds good, runs great, and looks good.

2010 FXDC

Quick Reply: slip ons for 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom