Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tmax, results

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
PHA-Q
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmax, results

I installed a set of cams in the bike, i used a basemap on the recomendation from Zippers,
My thought was that it was a considerable mismatch to my setup,,,, 06 88" two into one exhaust, redshift 557 cams high flow ac, stock heads, 25 degree injectors,
The map is for a 95" ported heads, dual exh, 557 cams...
Ran the bike about a 100 miles and checked on the correction, to my suprise the Tmax made the corrections and still didnt recomend an Auto tune???
Im Sold on the Tmax.. Bike runs great....
Although i still want a 95" with a reworked set of heads and more cam, it will due for awhile,,

Old 08-29-2011, 12:18 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Would have expected nothing less from the ThunderMax, I would have to say it has been the best money I have spent on my bike, especially when you consider I have had a FuelPak, and a PC III on this bike before the TMAX.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 PM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

Im impressed to say the least, I wish i had done a different cam, but i got such a great deal on the 557's i just threw them in to see how they were, Very lineal power, bike is better, but there is no Hit anywhere, next round of motorwork will be better...

Old 08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

If it's still running good after another 200-300 miles and doesn't strongly suggest you run automap, leave it alone.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
If it's still running good after another 200-300 miles and doesn't strongly suggest you run automap, leave it alone.
I would only disagree in regards to saving the updated map for future reference. When you automap you can create a new map and save it should you ever need to reset. In that regard it is a good idea to run and save after 4-500 miles so it has had plenty of time to fine tune. Even after that much mileage you may notice a very slight improvement as it begins the process over again.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

Funny that you say that, the front cyl was good, with no recomendation for auto map, the rear made a few more corrections, it said (recomend) automapping, I will watch it for awhile and see where it goes..
Bike seems to run cooler with the cams!!!! Although its been freakin hot here in CA.....

Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

Funny that you say that, the front cyl was good, with no recomendation for auto map, the rear made a few more corrections, it said (recomend) automapping, I will watch it for awhile and see where it goes..
Bike seems to run cooler with the cams!!!! Although its been freakin hot here in CA.....

Old 08-29-2011, 02:56 PM
06redneck
Cruiser

tmax was my best investment so far for my 08 street bob.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I would only disagree in regards to saving the updated map for future reference. When you automap you can create a new map and save it should you ever need to reset. In that regard it is a good idea to run and save after 4-500 miles so it has had plenty of time to fine tune. Even after that much mileage you may notice a very slight improvement as it begins the process over again.
Good point. I always do that myself but didn't think to mention it. It's also a good idea to go into Map Notes under EFI Maps and put in the date you do something like that, for future reference.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:29 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

One of the things I like about the TMAx is the ability to access the data collected by the unit ... I downloaded a bunch of it to my laptop and did a little manipulation with Excel spreadsheet and graphing ... see https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-and-data.html ....

Welcome to the TMax club ....

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: Tmax, results