Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Xied's void HD warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbob37
Curious as to what these are lol
Precision resistor modules that trick the bike into running a bit richer under closed loop.

HD tunes the bikes for a target AFR of 14.6, these will reuce your target AFR to 14.0/13.8/variable depending on the model.

Helps the bike run cooler and reduces pinging if you have a lean condition or get forced to run slightly lower octane gas.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 AM
craig11dyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great explanation. My HD service manager said they are a good product and that they usually stock them in the parts department. Like I said though I did not discuss the warranty issue with him. Don't know how true but he said you could get them in 13.8, 14.0 and 14.2 the 14.0 and 14.2 are listed for other models than a Dyna. The Dyna Xied Part# 100 and as stated above is 13.8.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
Great explanation. My HD service manager said they are a good product and that they usually stock them in the parts department. Like I said though I did not discuss the warranty issue with him. Don't know how true but he said you could get them in 13.8, 14.0 and 14.2 the 14.0 and 14.2 are listed for other models than a Dyna. The Dyna Xied Part# 100 and as stated above is 13.8.
I contacted Nightrider directly via email about which would be optimal for my bike and he was VERY helpful!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
BAUM
Stage IV

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Legal answer: No, due to the Magnusson Moss act, the dealer would have to PROVE that the Xieds *caused* the damage to the bike.

Practical answer: If they see them, I'm pretty sure that 80% of the service departments in the country will tell you that you voided your warranty, and then you will have to appeal to the MoCo and it will be a long and headache inducing process.

Take them off before you drop the bike off for service.
Funny you say this... comming from the aftermarket car audio business i had to throw this in the dealerships faces all the time!! oh my radiator stopped working must be because you put a remote start in.... you throw the act in their face the shut up and warranty it... when i purchased a new vehicle a few months ago the finance guy tried to say something about putting aftermarket stuff on my car will void the warranty.. i said only if its directly related to the problem. magnusson-moss act covers it... he shut up..

Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

I would think if you change the air/fuel ratio and the engine grenades or even rod or bearing failure HD would not fix it under warranty. I don't think I am to concerned because if it would happen I would love to upgrade to a 110 Screaming Eagle motor not that I want to spend all that money but I think I am willing to take the risk.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Craig,
I have XEID's on mine and just had it in for the 1K and they never even noticed. Nightrider told me if I ever had warranty work done to spend the 5 minutes and just take them off before you drop off the bike. Avoids any talk or hassles.

I've had them on my 2011 dyna for 1000 miles now and I have never thown a code or had the engine light come on.
Harley techs have a service bulletin out to ignore that certain code anyways as it's common for it to come on for a stock bike.

It all comes down to the actual dealership if they would ever even argue about warranty work. The dealer gets paid by corporate so there is really no reason for them to start a fight with their customer, they will get paid and that's really all they care about. My dealer installs non-harley aftermarket parts on new bikes and they don't hassle about any minor mods like that. They know I've installed them and are looking into installing them there since they have test drove my bike since I installed them.

It will be the best mod you ever did for 100 bucks. I bought mine originally just to cool down the motor, I was afraid I was going to fry it. The added performance was just an added bonus.

Last edited by rooti; 09-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:32 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

It all comes down to the actual dealership if they would ever even argue about warranty work. The dealer gets paid by corporate so there is really no reason for them to start a fight with their customer, they will get paid and that's really all they care about.
Not true.

Dealers are given a target amount of monthly/yearly warranty work by the MoCo.

A dealer under their target will be eager to take a job and not hassle you.

A dealer at or above their target is penalized by the Moco, and has every incentive to deny a warranty claim and get you to pay out of pocket.

This is true for every auto maker in the country.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:35 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I kind of find that hard to believe but you could be right. My local chevy dealers service dept has doubled their volume since the local GMC/Pontiac dealer closed. I find it hard to believe they are basically doing 50% more warranty work for free.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by rooti
Hey Craig,
I have XEID's on mine and just had it in for the 1K and they never even noticed. Nightrider told me if I ever had warranty work done to spend the 5 minutes and just take them off before you drop off the bike. Avoids any talk or hassles.

I've had them on my 2011 dyna for 1000 miles now and I have never thown a code or had the engine light come on.
Harley techs have a service bulletin out to ignore that certain code anyways as it's common for it to come on for a stock bike.

It all comes down to the actual dealership if they would ever even argue about warranty work. The dealer gets paid by corporate so there is really no reason for them to start a fight with their customer, they will get paid and that's really all they care about. My dealer installs non-harley aftermarket parts on new bikes and they don't hassle about any minor mods like that. They know I've installed them and are looking into installing them there since they have test drove my bike since I installed them.

It will be the best mod you ever did for 100 bucks. I bought mine originally just to cool down the motor, I was afraid I was going to fry it. The added performance was just an added bonus.
Thanks Rooti- I just put them on and it was really easy. On the FXDC the connector for the front is in a plastic cover. Just open the cover (squeeze 2 prongs to open) and plug it in and wire tie the extra wire. The rear was under the seat right there looking at me. Very easy to do and like many have said just remove them if anything happens. I took a ride and the heat reduction was amazing. I did feel some extra power and better throttle response. Good investment for $100 plus tax (because they are in Florida)and shipping = ($132).

Last edited by craig11dyna; 09-16-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rooti
I kind of find that hard to believe but you could be right. My local chevy dealers service dept has doubled their volume since the local GMC/Pontiac dealer closed. I find it hard to believe they are basically doing 50% more warranty work for free.
The motor company will adjust their target. The warranty target is set based on volume of business.

As in: For every X cars you sell, you should have Y dollars in warranty claims.

That is why a dealership is often much more willing to do warranty work on a bike/car you purchased THERE, as opposed to if you bought it used or from another dealer.

I worked for dealerships for years, I know this stuff is true.

Quick Reply: Does Xied's void HD warranty?