Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Xied's void HD warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now add a big sucker and you will really add to the performance. And yes the XEID's will put out enough fuel for it. I think the only downside to the XEID's is you lose a little gas mileage. Good trade off for a cooler bike in my opinion.

Harley should void out the warranty if you don't richen up the bike one way or another.

Your dealer would have a hard time refusing warranty work if they are actually selling them anyways. You see how fast they come on and off so if your worried then just take them off.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:51 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll take your word for it but in this case it really doesn't matter. 5 minute take off

Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
yandeltx
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea if the XEID's would help with decel popping? When I start the bike no decel popping to speak of for a few miles then when the bike warms up I start to get some??

Originally Posted by rooti
Now add a big sucker and you will really add to the performance. And yes the XEID's will put out enough fuel for it. I think the only downside to the XEID's is you lose a little gas mileage. Good trade off for a cooler bike in my opinion.

Harley should void out the warranty if you don't richen up the bike one way or another.

Your dealer would have a hard time refusing warranty work if they are actually selling them anyways. You see how fast they come on and off so if your worried then just take them off.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yandeltx
Any idea if the XEID's would help with decel popping? When I start the bike no decel popping to speak of for a few miles then when the bike warms up I start to get some??
Absolutely they will.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I have run the Xeids 13.8 ratio all year and they are great.
My mileage has not worsened.
My only issue is I have a slight pop in the muffler when I downshift.
I have no pinging whatsoever and the low end is great as I shift in 6th at 50 no problem climbing New England hills so I know it isn't running lean.
I use the stock intake with K+N filter. Run 1.75 baffles
I checked the plugs ab they are fine.
I wonder if I could use a big sucker to help with the pop.
I believe I'm running a tad rich not lean.
Any thoughts.
PS, never been back to the dealer as I do my own service. 3 year warranty.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Yandeltx, Give us some info on your bike as far as what mods have been done. (type of exhaust, baffle size, intake, ect) Did you have your current exhaust before or after or at the same time as the XEID install?

Stilup, If you are shifting into 6th gear at 50MPH your are severly lagging your motor and that is much worse then winding it into the higher rpm's, that will damage your motor.

If you have a slight pop I wouldn't really worry about it but adding a big sucker will improve your performance and if you are running too rich it will help that also.
The XEID's are a very simple product that, by their own admission, will never have the capabilities of a properly set up tuner. There are a lot of people with tuners that have decel pop, many times you never hear it with the stock pipes but it is still there right off the showroom.

I have a very slight decel popping when I've been running in the higher RPM's and I let off the throttle suddenly but then I'm running 2.25 baffles. Many here have stated with the smaller baffles it isn't noticable. Actually doesn't bother me at all because it runs so well.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Yandeltx, Give us some info on your bike as far as what mods have been done. (type of exhaust, baffle size, intake, ect) Did you have your current exhaust before or after or at the same time as the XEID install?

Stilup, If you are shifting into 6th gear at 50MPH your are severly lagging your motor and that is much worse then winding it into the higher rpm's, that will damage your motor.

If you have a slight pop I wouldn't really worry about it but adding a big sucker will improve your performance and if you are running too rich it will help that also.
The XEID's are a very simple product that, by their own admission, will never have the capabilities of a properly set up tuner. There are a lot of people with tuners that have decel pop, many times you never hear it with the stock pipes but it is still there right off the showroom.

I have a very slight decel popping when I've been running in the higher RPM's and I let off the throttle suddenly but then I'm running 2.25 baffles. Many here have stated with the smaller baffles it isn't noticable. Actually doesn't bother me at all because it runs so well.
I don't even shift into 5th gear at 50mph.

I run 4th up to 55-60 and then finally I'll settle down into 5th.

6th gear at 50mph is bad bad bad.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:20 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

When I shift in 6th I don't get the lugging your talking about.
As I stated I have no pinging whatsoever.
When my bike was stock I had terrible pinging.
But I will give it a bit more to 55 anyway.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 PM
yandeltx
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rooti, first of all, thanks for your time and efforts.

New 2012 HD Deluxe, 103ci, put 3" slashcut V&H sip on mufflers, they actual have a pipe inside a pipe. I had the mufflers installed since day one so I don't know if the OEM mufflers would have had the popping or not. Dealer tells me i need SE Stage 1 AC and download to help this popping. 330.00 later I have the AC and download and absolutely nothing changed, now he says 699.00 for SERT, includes labor and dyno time. Like I said earlier, when the engine is cold, for few miles no popping, the the engine warms up the popping begins. I have noticed that if I shift into a higher gear at 2800 RPMs or greater I don't seem to get the pop in between gears, if I shift into a higher gear at 2000-2100 I may get the pop. If I am at say 3300 rpms and just let off the gas to begin slowing down i get quite a lot of popping. Engine seems to run fine, just don't like the popping noise, especially inbetween gears.

Last edited by yandeltx; 09-15-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Dirty Bob
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Dealers are given a target amount of monthly/yearly warranty work by the MoCo.A dealer under their target will be eager to take a job and not hassle you.A dealer at or above their target is penalized by the Moco, and has every incentive to deny a warranty claim and get you to pay out of pocket.
This is true for every auto maker in the country.
This seems to be a fairly true statement. I understand that the dealer will need to pay for the work up front then appeal to the manufacturer for the full cost of the repair. Many times the manufacturer will not part with the cost of the work (parts and labor).

Quick Reply: Does Xied's void HD warranty?