Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle II vs Cycle Shack Slip-ons

Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle II vs Cycle Shack Slip-ons

Have any of you Dyna owners tried the Cycle Shack slip-on mufflers or been able to compare them to the Screamin Eagle II slip-ons? I've read that the Cycle Shacks are pretty good for the money.

I've read the Cycle Shacks may be a bit louder than the SEII's. I don't want anything too loud (I leave the neigborhood at 4:45am). Just want that nice Harley sound. I think I also remember reading that Cycle Shack used to make the SEII's for Harley. I'm not sure.

I've found the Cycle Shacks for $107. The SEII's retail at Harley for about $230, but you can get them through Zanottis for about $180.

I have an 05 Low Rider that I'm planning my pre-Spring MODs for. I haven't decided yet on a download, maybe a TFI instead .... that's a whole other headache!

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Screamin Eagle II vs Cycle Shack Slip-ons

I had the screamin eagles on my sporty and they do sound ok but I wanted louder so I got vance and hines straightshot HS slip-ons and they are3 much better. I traded the sporty in on my new dyna fxdci and I went right out and got the vance and hines straightshots HS system ( VH don't make the slip-ons for dyans ) and all I have to say is AWESOME they look sweet and sound even better, so if I was you I would go with the cyclechack slip-ons or you could spend 500 on the VH system.

I love that fat pipe look!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HALFBUCK where did you find the slipons for that price? I'd like to get a pair and yes they did use to make SE slipons and I've only heard good things about them.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

Zanotti's has the Cycle Shack slip-ons for $107. You have to look in the aftermarket catalog online to get the part number, then go to their parts look-up screen to get the price. I think it was in their Drag Specialties catalog. They listed the SEII slip-ons for $180. They also had the Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C for $97. I'm considering the Cycle Shacks / Big Sucker combo. If I go with that, I'll probably go with TFI instead of the D/L. I think I read that the Harley D/L is mapped for their products. I don't like the idea of trying to tune it in myslef since I'm new at this, but other have posted that it's a fairly simple DIY job.

http://www.zanottimotor.com/

Good luck.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:17 AM
lakebum
Advanced

The Cycle Shack slip-ons perform as well as some high $ pipes. Unquestionably, THE best bang for the buck! You can get em for dynas for less than a hundred bucks from USATWINS.

They are probably louder than the SE's, but I'm sure they outperform them as well.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

Thanks lakebum. I'll checkout USA TWINS.

Have you heard both the Cycle Shacks and the SEII's? Are the Cycle Shacks much louder. I don't wan't too loud....whatever that is.

Just want that nice Harley sound. A little extra get-up-and-go wouldn't upset me, though!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
lmundy
Intermediate

Have CS'es on my Sportster and have heard SE2's on the same model. Bought my Dyna with SE2's and bought some used CS'es on eBay. In both instances, the Cydle Shack slip-ons are substantially louder than the SE2's. They have metal baffles but no packing. They are fairly lightweight and nicely finished. But at 4:45 AM your neighbors would know you were leaving.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

Thanks for the info, lmundy. The neighbors are pretty close and that is pretty early. Other than the loudness, how would you compare the sound between the SEII's and the Cycle Shacks?

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
phreak
Road Master

SE's have a deeper tone, and are quieter then CS.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:20 PM
lmundy
Intermediate

Agreed. The SE2's are a little deeper and quieter. The CS'es have what I guess I'd describe as an "empty can" sound, maybe because that's mostly what they are, but they are louder or more resonant, but just a bit tinny-sounding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle II vs Cycle Shack Slip-ons