Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag

Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag

Back in May, I ordered a left-side solo bag from Greg at Bad & G Customs. By August, the bag was shot. The shape had fully collapsed and the cover would flop in the wind like crazy - to the point where I thought items would fly out. So I contacted Greg and sent him a number of pictures showing the condition and the lack of shape after only about 3 months use. He told me that he noticed a few problems with some of the hides he had received. He gave me 2 choices, send the bag back for a full refund or send him $60 and he would make me a NEW Hard Solo Bag. I went with choice #2.

Well, after a hurricane and some other delays in his neck of the woods, I finally got the bag last week!! Too bad the riding season is nearly done here. Anyway, I put the bag on and it looks great, the quality is exceptional, and I fully expect that because of the improved quality of the hides and extra thick sides and back, any flopping that was experienced in the past, is gone.

(The pic of the side profile shows the extra thickness in the back of the bag)

Attached Thumbnails Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag-hd-solo-bag-new-10-11.jpg   Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag-hd-solo-bag-new1-10-11.jpg   Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag-hd-solo-bag-new-side-10-11.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
mickey01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did he do to make it "hard"? Did he reinforce it with something inside or use sturdier leather? I have one and its starting to lose its shape.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
nichiowa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that, I placed some leather stitching on the top flap so that I didn't lose my stuff in the wind, I would be interested in a hard solo as well.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same question. Is it just thicker material or is it reinforced with something? My bag after a few months is just so soft and floppy. Never thought of contacting him about it. I like the shape and size of the bag just not the floppy aspect of it.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

It feels like the back side is reinforced, but in my e-mail conversations with him, it sounds like just thicker leather. The bag really feels like a very expensive saddlebag.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the battery bag in the mail today from him. Haven't even put it on yet, but it looks good.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
WVNightster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My right side bag is to be shipped sometime this week.I hope mine will be made with thicker leather.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Might be interesting to look at because I'm having the same situation with mine.

The overall floppiness of it isn't a huge deal to me but the fact that my flap is folding back while riding is a problem for me. Just got a fork bag from him and the leather on that feels much stiffer than the leather of my solo bag. May want to contact him about this as well.

Last edited by Robotech; 10-03-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotech
Might be interesting to look at because I'm having the same situation with mine.

The overall floppiness of it isn't a huge deal to me but the fact that my flap is folding back while riding is a problem for me. Just got a fork bag from him and the leather on that feels much stiffer than the leather of my solo bag. May want to contact him about this as well.
Wow that looks terrible. I was gonna order one of these but I'm not so sure now.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm more of a function over form kind of guy so the floppiness really didn't bother me. It's the flap folding over at speed that concerns me most. I actually wanted the bag to be a little floppy and this is even a bit much for my taste but I also have the largest bag they make...even went with an extra inch of width on it. I just figured with that extra width it's going to eventually get floppy...even with the heavier leather. But perhaps the heavier leather will get more of the look I was wanting to get.

Overall though, I love this bag and with a few tweaks it would be perfect. I got it mostly to carry stuff...how it looked came second. Also, ignore the discoloration...it has about 10K miles on it and I hadn't cleaned it lately...going to get dirty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad & G Customs Solo Bag - Hard Solo Bag