Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Intro and I Just installed my passenger pegs now I'm looking for the right seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:14 AM
dupmaronew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Intro and I Just installed my passenger pegs now I'm looking for the right seat

Yeah I wrote a lot but I figured I would introduce myself and find out some info.

So I'm new to the Harley Davidson community. I've been riding for 8 years and I finally got on the bike that I belong. Went to Harley Davidson of New Orleans yesterday and got a set of passenger brackets and pegs. I used my $100 gift card I got from being a referral and ended up paying $2 and some change out of pocket for them. They were much easier to install than everyone was saying it would be. I had no trouble getting the bolts of or any issues with rubbing against the belt. All you need is a microdriver set and some muscle.

Well now that brings me to getting a seat. I obviously don't want to ride anyone bare fender. I rode over to my sisters house and she put a towel on the back and rode around the block cause she wouldn't stop hounding me for a ride but that towel thing doesn't really fly in my book.

Basically I'm looking to find the right passenger seat. I need something removable because I like the solo look. I've been looking at the Butty Buddy but that is just too much for me to spend on a passenger seat, then I started looking at the Phantom Pad (discounted ones) and they don't seem too bad.

Are there any other suction cup seats out there for less money? Yes I have searched for the answer so if you're going to tell me to do that then just don't.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Willy723
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new HD and welcome to the Forums.
In reference to the seat, I really like my Mustang 2 piece seat. Bucket solo is a HUGE improvement in comfort over the stock seats, and the passenger pillion pops on in about 30 seconds. Eventually you will want to upgrade your stock seat so I would definitely look into the Mustang or some other aftermarket seats before buying just a passenger seat.

**The picture below is with my stock seat still on**

Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome aboard the crazy train. Lol.

I use the Wide Glide passenger pillion. Looks good, relatively comfortable, and easy on/off.

Enjoy your Bob.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:03 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome aboard the crazy train. Lol.

I use the Wide Glide passenger pillion. Looks good, relatively comfortable, and easy on/off.

Enjoy your Bob.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Rmuller
Cruiser
Default passenger seat

Has anyone had luck with the passenger seat that hooks to the fender rack? Also has a sissybar attached to the seat.
Wondering if its comfortable for the passenger

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check the dyna classifieds on this site. Last time I looked someone had a nice mustang set up for sale

Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 AM
jaydoss
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rmuller
Has anyone had luck with the passenger seat that hooks to the fender rack? Also has a sissybar attached to the seat.
Wondering if its comfortable for the passenger
I have the rack & seat set up. The wife likes it for about a hour, then kinda gets uncomfortable. My youngest girl has never complained. I like it because its easy on and off. Able to go back to my solo look in seconds.

Dupmaronew, welcome and congrats on your new Bob. So what part of New Orleans are you from? Love going to the city and spending the weekend. Only live about a hour south of you.

Attached Thumbnails My Intro and I Just installed my passenger pegs now I'm looking for the right seat-100_1090.jpg   My Intro and I Just installed my passenger pegs now I'm looking for the right seat-100_1092.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM
dupmaronew
Cruiser

Yeah I thought about doing the one that hooks to the rack but then I have to but the rack also. I'm looking to get into this seat for as cheap as possible. Basically why I was looking at the Phatom Pads that were on sale.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

i have a solo seat and a 2 up seat, it takes about 30 seconds to change between the two. you can find stock solo seats on here or ebay rather cheap. i paid like 60 bucks for a stock lowrider seat a year or so ago...

Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 AM
dupmaronew
Cruiser

I have a stock solo. That isn't the issue. What I need is a passenger pillion or a 2 up. So far the cheapest thing it seems is the phantom pad clearance section which has them for 70 bucks.

Quick Reply: My Intro and I Just installed my passenger pegs now I'm looking for the right seat