Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush helmets-any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
http://jalopnik.com/dexter-ford

Not sure I'd want a SNELL helmet after reading this.
Did I miss something or is there no author identified for the referenced article? Call me paranoid, but I'm always a tad suspicious of non-attributed articles found on the internet. Might be pefectly legit and and fairly represented, or it might be someone's hatchet job of Motorcyclist (which I don't read so I have no dog in that fight). Just sayin'...

Old 12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by BluBob
I am a little confused by this. I thought that ACC and Headtrip helmets were the same company. Am I mistaken? I know that Composite Craft and Headtrip are the same, since the website is:
http://www.headtriphelmets.com/

The recall info online shows ACC and Headtrip both being under recall, as in they are the same helmets or same manufacturer:
http://www.riderforums.com/showthrea...helmets-RECALL!!!!!!
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264872
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...ll-notice.html

So if Composite Craft is Headtrip Helmets (as their own website shows) and Headtrip Helmets was the same entity that was recalled and also known as Advanced Carbon Composite (ACC), then isn't Composite Craft just the same ACC helmets that were recalled, only now they no longer label them as DOT?
I just got my new Skull Crush beanie yesterday (Candy Root Beer) and it has a 'HEAD TRIP' sticker where the DOT would be?

Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Redcad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
Am I the only one who thinks Skull Crush is a horrible name for something thats supposed to protect your skull?

No. It is not a great name. Like "Rat Poison Beer".

Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
I just got my new Skull Crush beanie yesterday (Candy Root Beer) and it has a 'HEAD TRIP' sticker where the DOT would be?
If so, then Skull Crush = Head Trip = ACC. If the poster "Skull Crush Helmets" says "Skull Crush knows nothing of ACC, that question has come up to us in the past. We are not associated with them in anyway." then I would say they are full of it.

My complaint is not with the helmets, it is with the fact that they misrepresented them in the past and apparently continue to misrepresent the connection to that nutroll even now.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

I have that helmet. I believe it's made by headtriphelmets.com and skull crush is the retailer/dealer. It's a excellent novelty helmet and if you think about it, any helmet is better than none.
To say a novelty helmet gives zero protection is not true. It will still protect you from some mid/light hits and some side scrappes, just as a leather jacket will give you limited protection as opposed to an fully armored modern synthetic material suit.
In NY I have to wear a lid. If I lived in a state w/no helmet law, I'd go without. Safety be damned!

Attached Thumbnails Skull Crush helmets-any experience?-img_0320.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they sure are expensive for non dot, but that rootbeer looks nice, but should be priced around 50 bucks they have it for like 165

Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
they sure are expensive for non dot, but that rootbeer looks nice, but should be priced around 50 bucks they have it for like 165
They actually go for about a buck, twenty five.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Nivekian
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BluBob
If so, then Skull Crush = Head Trip = ACC. If the poster "Skull Crush Helmets" says "Skull Crush knows nothing of ACC, that question has come up to us in the past. We are not associated with them in anyway." then I would say they are full of it.

My complaint is not with the helmets, it is with the fact that they misrepresented them in the past and apparently continue to misrepresent the connection to that nutroll even now.

They are boldly saying they are non-DOT, how can they be misrepresenting themselves? The buyer is informed on what they are getting for $130, non- DOT novelty with Carbon Fiber in funky colors.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just checked there are some for 175 on sale and that rootbeer one is like 159 with free shipping and is in stock, considered it but thats a lot of money for novelty, rootbeer does look nice though

Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nivekian
They are boldly saying they are non-DOT, how can they be misrepresenting themselves? The buyer is informed on what they are getting for $130, non- DOT novelty with Carbon Fiber in funky colors.
That is not my point. I don't know how to be any more clear. ACC/Headtrip screwed a bunch of people out of their money by folding up before anyone could get a refund. Skull Crush says they know nothing of ACC, but it is the same people, same helmet. They hosed a bunch of dudes in the past, and now claim to know nothing about it. If you want to pay $150 for a novelty that you know is not capable of passing DOT standards (because it was tested and failed last year) then go for it. I have no problem with guys selling a product as advertised.

I dropped $340 on two helmets from ACC/Headtrip because they were advertised, sold, and tagged as DOT. When they failed DOT standards the company said I could get a refund. They gave me the runaround for three weeks, then vanished. I find that distasteful. I think I am done with this thread. I don't want to get into a position where I am bashing a company or fellow posters, and I can see that coming. This forum has been extremely helpful to me and others, I just encourage people to do their own research.

Quick Reply: Skull Crush helmets-any experience?