Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush helmets-any experience?

Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
TheAddiction
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Skull Crush and I like it and they dealt with me fairly. Yea it's not a full face but I didn't buy it thinking it was going to protect me like a full face, my choice. I bought it because it's comfortable in the Las Vegas summer and it's MADE IN THE USA.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Skull Crush Helmets
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skull Crush knows nothing of ACC, that question has come up to us in the past. We are not associated with them in anyway. There are several companies that make carbon fiber helmets maybe they are affiliated with ACC or maybe not. Skull Crush is not. Composite Craft manufactures our helmets, and has been in business since the 1970s. Composite Craft has never produced a DOT helmet. They are located in Florida along with Dayton Helmets.

Our helmets are not DOT. We do carry Dayton DOT helmets, which are a little less bulky than some DOT helmets. If anyone has questions or would like help with their purchase call or email us, we will be happy to assist.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Skull Crush Helmets
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheAddiction
I have a Skull Crush and I like it and they dealt with me fairly. Yea it's not a full face but I didn't buy it thinking it was going to protect me like a full face, my choice. I bought it because it's comfortable in the Las Vegas summer and it's MADE IN THE USA.
Thanks for your comment TheAddiction. Glad you are enjoying your helmet and if Las Vegas summers are anything like Texas summers I understand completely!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:59 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skull Crush Helmets
Skull Crush knows nothing of ACC, that question has come up to us in the past. We are not associated with them in anyway. .....Composite Craft manufactures our helmets, and has been in business since the 1970s. Composite Craft has never produced a DOT helmet. They are located in Florida along with Dayton Helmets.
I am a little confused by this. I thought that ACC and Headtrip helmets were the same company. Am I mistaken? I know that Composite Craft and Headtrip are the same, since the website is:
http://www.headtriphelmets.com/

The recall info online shows ACC and Headtrip both being under recall, as in they are the same helmets or same manufacturer:
http://www.riderforums.com/showthrea...helmets-RECALL!!!!!!
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264872
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...ll-notice.html

So if Composite Craft is Headtrip Helmets (as their own website shows) and Headtrip Helmets was the same entity that was recalled and also known as Advanced Carbon Composite (ACC), then isn't Composite Craft just the same ACC helmets that were recalled, only now they no longer label them as DOT?

Last edited by BluBob; 11-23-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
icefkfffk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BluBob
I am a little confused by this. I thought that ACC and Headtrip helmets were the same company. Am I mistaken? I know that Composite Craft and Headtrip are the same, since the website is:
http://www.headtriphelmets.com/

The recall info online shows ACC and Headtrip both being under recall, as in they are the same helmets or same manufacturer:
http://www.riderforums.com/showthrea...helmets-RECALL!!!!!!
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264872
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...ll-notice.html

So if Composite Craft is Headtrip Helmets (as their own website shows) and Headtrip Helmets was the same entity that was recalled and also known as Advanced Carbon Composite (ACC), then isn't Composite Craft just the same ACC helmets that were recalled, only now they no longer label them as DOT?
If a=b and b=c than a=c...yep, I knew that college education would come in handy for something.
Sorry I couldn't resist. I don't know if they are the same company but the logic works.
I don't see what the big deal is, Skull Crush is advertising them as NOT DOT and from what I have been reading everyone that has bought one really likes it, I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Nivekian
Cruiser

I don't get why some people are so quick to demonize these guys, they are saying the helmets are not DOT, what's the issue with linking them to this other company? And even if they are the same company, now you know where to call to get your money back, or return the helmets.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:24 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a acc helmet and actually like it but it looks just like the same one i bet you they are same group just another name

Old 11-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Big Jed
Advanced

I bought a Skull Crush 3/4 helmet a few months ago and love it. It fits great and is of high quality. The company is very up front about there helmets being non-dot and the amount of time it will take to make and ship the helmet. If I didn't have to wear a helmet I wouldn't but since I have to I got one based on looks not protection. I have bought or tried on just about every 3/4 on the market (DOT and NON-DOT) and the skull crush is way more low profile than the rest. They are expensive but I have no regret buying mine. I don't have any pictures of me wearing it but I can try to put some up in a few weeks. I hope this info is helpful.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 AM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want a helmet that fits on your head not on top of your head, get you a helmet that you like, carefully remove the Styrofoam shell from the inside, remove cloth liners get yourself a spoon and start scraping and digging inside of the shell till it fits on your head just right, when you're done scraping, cleaning up the mess and cussing up the storm use spray adhesive, spray the styrofoam shell and replace the cloth liners on the shell, you'll end up with DOT looking helmet that fits like a skull cap.........of course i heard that all of this works, not that i would tell any body to alter their DOT helmet

Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Nivekian
Cruiser

The DOT lid I have starts pushing off the top of my head at speeds of over 60 mph, no matter how uncomfortably tight I have it strapped around my jaw. Hate that, it's an okay helmet for cruising at low speed, but the whole damn reason I dropped $100 is that I would have something I could wear on travels outside Florida. Again, I wear a novelty 95% of the time, but it is frustrating and feels more dangerous with that DOT Helmet feeling it's gonna snap my neck if it completely slides off on the Highway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Skull Crush helmets-any experience?