Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

You need to cut the mount and lower that bag down, like the HD stock photo. It looks so much better that way and very easy to do.

It's a solo bag.... for a solo bike. No need for rear pegs. It holds the stuff that used to be in my pockets.

It holds 6 -12oz cans. More beer than the 3 -22oz cans that the "other" bag holds. HAHA!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Any long term usage reports on the bag? Does it rub on other bike parts, flop around in wind, holding up to the weather?

One for sale on our local forum
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

Will be 1 year since I installed the bag... no issues to report.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Lockshow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to be purchasing this bag for my Wide Glide. I dont ride 2-up much but I still plan on it every once in awhile. I know you have to remove the rear passenger left peg in order to install the bag, so my question is "How long does it take to remove the bag and put the left passenger peg back on?"
Thanks for any info

Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Lockshow
Cruiser

bump sorry duders just really lookin for some help ha

Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

hi,
thanks for the reply, i missed the purchase and will keep an eye out for another one

there's a few la-rosa ones floating around but they dont look as good

thanks
mirrmu

Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lockshow
Going to be purchasing this bag for my Wide Glide. I dont ride 2-up much but I still plan on it every once in awhile. I know you have to remove the rear passenger left peg in order to install the bag, so my question is "How long does it take to remove the bag and put the left passenger peg back on?"
Thanks for any info
Its just 2 bolts to remove the mount and reinstall your peg with the same 2 bolts you removed.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser

I've been interested in this bag for a long time and will probably order one within the next week or so. I've been looking for a small bag that's sturdy and large enough to carry my pistol, a pack of cigs, A couple tools, and a flashlight, I travel some but not far enough to need serious storage. It'd be nice to put "the essentials" in this bag.

jmeiers, Do you have any photos of the modified brackets?

Last edited by Sonicgazi; 07-04-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Sorry for not responding sooner. Been busy and then was gone for the week of the July 4th for vacation down in Myrtle Beach. Anyway, here is a cropped photo I took of the bike showing the "modified" bag position while I was down there.
Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Your theory on slicing the pouch to "slide through" wont fly. Because the bottom of the pouch on the back of the bag will limit the amount of travel it can slide down. You have to cut the bottom of the pouch.

Here is what I did ...Cut the top swingarm mount off flush with the lower crossbar of the mount. (cut off everything above the crossbar). Then, I cut off 1" off of the "lower part" of the leather pouch on the back of the bag. There are a series of "slots" cut into the bag for the straps. Lets refere to them as "front column", "middle column" and "Rear column". I cut an additional slot 1" above the "middle column" of the factory slots in the back of the bag).

As for the lower swingarm mount ...I bolted it to the swingarm as per the instructions. Then, the only thing I did was drilled two 1/8" pilot holes, then bigger to 3/16" just below the rear-most rectangular strap slot (from below the mount so the drill bit came up between the swingarm and the back of the mount. This allows you to run two zip ties through those wholes to lower the back of the bag.

Then to mount the bag ...slide the leather pouch (cut 1" off the bottom) over the modified "top mount" (cut-off everything above the crossbar). Run one zip tie each from below the lower swingarm mount ...first through the drilled holes, then thread through the rearmost strapslot (in the metal bracket) then into the "top rear column" slot in the bag ...then from inside the bag through the "lower rear column" slot and finally through the locking head of the zip tie. Pull tight.

The final step is to zip tie the "middle column" (I didnt use the "front column" slots in the bag at all). Run 2-3 zip ties through the "modified top middle column slot" and loop through to the "middle slot-middle column" ...complete the loop inserting the zip tie into the locking head (leave loose). Once you have 2-3 zip ties looped through those two slots, reach behind the bag and slide the looped zip ties onto the "dog leg" part of the lower swingarm mount (i didnt thread through the front strap slots on that mount) ...pull the zip ties tight to secure.

If those insteructions dont work for you man, let me know. I will gladly take the bag off tomorrow and take pictues of the mods. We're only talking 10 minutes and 5 zip ties.
Can one of guys put up a pic of how the modified brackets looks? I just bought this bag this afternoon and definitely like the look of having it lower.

It's definitely bigger than I expected and stoked to finally have a place to put some stuff that doesn't look out of place like saddle bags do on my Street Bob!

My local parts guy at the dealer gave me **** about the 15% local HOG members get in the store and would only give 10%. After talking to a manager in the store and asking them well if they won't do the 15% will they price match another HD Dealer otherwise I would just buy it elsewhere, they said yes. HAHA! Got it for the New Castle HD online price $188 and no shipping. Guess they should have just given me the 15% off and theywould have made more $$$ on it.

Last edited by sigtau150; 09-12-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Got the bag installed and love it. Didn't realize you had to loosen the rear axel to get enough slack in the belt to be able to remove the passenger peg bolts. Wish it was lower like in the HD site pic, but that bracket is not coming back off to modify it.

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570