Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Dunkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Gringo, I bought this bag without researching. I am definitely going to try your install out. Thanks for the pic..

d

Old 04-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Unit 91
Tourer

Installed last night. Love it. The longest part of the install was sitting there wondering whether or not I could live with the stock mounting. Turns out I couldn't so I modified the bracket and back like others have done. I didn't have to do anything to the bottom bracket. I will need to redo the zip ties eventually... I'm not happy with how they sit. I routed the heads into the bag so it's a bit cleaner on the outside, but will change that.

A couple of beers and a few hours later...

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-swingbag.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, if you are interested, check out our "Bobber Bag" line of solo swingarm bags for Dynas (and Softails, and Sportsters). They are top quality hand made bags and are definitely not the cookie-cutter bags that everyone else has.

Our bag also has a feature that no other bag has, which is a removable snap-in liner made out of weather resistant ballistic nylon. The liner also has a concealed document pocket sewn into it to hold your important docs, such as registration cards, etc.

It attaches with the included leather straps, or we also offer our Bobber Bracket hard mount kit for Dynas that let you mount either a Dyna (slanted) style, or Softail (triangular) style bag to your bike so you don't have to attach it with straps or tie wraps.

For more details, you can check them out here (Bag): http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-...na_p_1194.html

and here (bag mount):
http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-Creek-Cycles-Bobber-Bracket--Solo-Bag-Hard-Mount-Kit-for-Dyna-Models_p_1100.html

Liner

Feel free to contact me with any questions. And don't forget to use our forum discount if you place an order on our website.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
SouthBayRay
Cruiser

These bags are listed to work on 06 and up. With all the modifying that everyone is doing to make it look like it should, does anyone know of a reason I couldn't fit one on my 04 Low Rider?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:33 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthBayRay
These bags are listed to work on 06 and up. With all the modifying that everyone is doing to make it look like it should, does anyone know of a reason I couldn't fit one on my 04 Low Rider?

Thanks in advance.
One reason I can think of: the swing arm bag's upper mounting bracket uses two bolts and is mounted near the front of the swing arm, and replaces the rear peg/belt guard bracket on 06's and up. Your '04 belt guard bracket is located at a different point on the swing arm and your arm is probably not tapped to accept the two bolts of the bag's upper bracket. See here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J05382.PDF
~

Last edited by O-Town D; 11-21-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-21-2014, 04:01 PM
SouthBayRay
Cruiser

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to point this out.

Originally Posted by O-Town D
One reason I can think of: the swing arm bag's upper mounting bracket uses two bolts and is mounted near the front of the swing arm, and replaces the rear peg/belt guard bracket on 06's and up. Your '04 belt guard bracket is located at a different point on the swing arm and your arm is probably not tapped to accept the two bolts of the bag's upper bracket. See here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J05382.PDF
~

Old 09-21-2015, 05:53 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Your theory on slicing the pouch to "slide through" wont fly. Because the bottom of the pouch on the back of the bag will limit the amount of travel it can slide down. You have to cut the bottom of the pouch.

Here is what I did ...Cut the top swingarm mount off flush with the lower crossbar of the mount. (cut off everything above the crossbar). Then, I cut off 1" off of the "lower part" of the leather pouch on the back of the bag. There are a series of "slots" cut into the bag for the straps. Lets refere to them as "front column", "middle column" and "Rear column". I cut an additional slot 1" above the "middle column" of the factory slots in the back of the bag).

As for the lower swingarm mount ...I bolted it to the swingarm as per the instructions. Then, the only thing I did was drilled two 1/8" pilot holes, then bigger to 3/16" just below the rear-most rectangular strap slot (from below the mount so the drill bit came up between the swingarm and the back of the mount. This allows you to run two zip ties through those wholes to lower the back of the bag.

Then to mount the bag ...slide the leather pouch (cut 1" off the bottom) over the modified "top mount" (cut-off everything above the crossbar). Run one zip tie each from below the lower swingarm mount ...first through the drilled holes, then thread through the rearmost strapslot (in the metal bracket) then into the "top rear column" slot in the bag ...then from inside the bag through the "lower rear column" slot and finally through the locking head of the zip tie. Pull tight.

The final step is to zip tie the "middle column" (I didnt use the "front column" slots in the bag at all). Run 2-3 zip ties through the "modified top middle column slot" and loop through to the "middle slot-middle column" ...complete the loop inserting the zip tie into the locking head (leave loose). Once you have 2-3 zip ties looped through those two slots, reach behind the bag and slide the looped zip ties onto the "dog leg" part of the lower swingarm mount (i didnt thread through the front strap slots on that mount) ...pull the zip ties tight to secure.

If those insteructions dont work for you man, let me know. I will gladly take the bag off tomorrow and take pictues of the mods. We're only talking 10 minutes and 5 zip ties.

I'll dig this one up from the grave rather then start an a new thread.

Has this bag been updated to sit lower finally like in the pictures or do people still have to cut brackets?
Does anyone have pics of where they cut and what exactly was cut?

Has anyone been able to achieve the lower mounting position without drilling holes in the swingarm like AKBAGGER mentioned? I want this bag, I'm not shy about cutting brackets but I'm really not feeling drilling my month old swingarm

Last edited by AUTOT3K; 09-21-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
I'll dig this one up from the grave rather then start an a new thread.

Has this bag been updated to sit lower finally like in the pictures or do people still have to cut brackets?
Does anyone have pics of where they cut and what exactly was cut?

Has anyone been able to achieve the lower mounting position without drilling holes in the swingarm like AKBAGGER mentioned? I want this bag, I'm not shy about cutting brackets but I'm really not feeling drilling my month old swingarm
You do not have to drill anything. Just cut the bracket down and slice the little pouch the bag slides into. Mine is held on with 4 heavy duty zip ties and has been solid since early 2012. I got the bag when it was first offered by Harley.

Also, you only need to modify the bag when you are lowered. The bag was designed for stock height Dyna. Mine is slammed.

Last edited by jmeiers; 09-21-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:11 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
You do not have to drill anything. Just cut the bracket down and slice the little pouch the bag slides into. Mine is held on with 4 heavy duty zip ties and has been solid since early 2012. I got the bag when it was first offered by Harley.

Also, you only need to modify the bag when you are lowered. The bag was designed for stock height Dyna. Mine is slammed.
So with mine being a stock height it'll sit below the fuse box; like in the pics on the website? I did read the whole thread and it seemed like everyone was having problems with it sitting higher so that's why I asked

Old 09-21-2015, 10:14 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
So with mine being a stock height it'll sit below the fuse box; like in the pics on the website? I did read the whole thread and it seemed like everyone was having problems with it sitting higher so that's why I asked
Stock height should be good. Lowered or if you are a chunky dude, then modify the bracket. Easy either way.

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570