Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 11:17 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Stock height should be good. Lowered or if you are a chunky dude, then modify the bracket. Easy either way.
Fair enough. I'll try a test fit before tightening it all up.
If i do need to cut, I just cut that front bracket...down to the cross bracing and then I remove some of the bottom of that pouch that slides onto the bracket?
Leaving the bottom bracket and bottom mount on bag alone?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:18 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
Fair enough. I'll try a test fit before tightening it all up.
If i do need to cut, I just cut that front bracket...down to the cross bracing and then I remove some of the bottom of that pouch that slides onto the bracket?
Leaving the bottom bracket and bottom mount on bag alone?
You will also make a new slot higher up on the back of the bag. This is what will lower the right side of the bag to now match the lowered left side of teh bag. (when looking at it from the front). Just slot it enough to slide the zip ties thru. You will see what I mean when you get the bag and mock fit it up to the swingarm.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 PM
FatBobMark
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the swing arm bag on my bike when I got it. I think it sucks because it wouldn't tighten up and it flopped around while riding. It also was a pain to put the jiffy stand down with the bag on.

It has a bracket that takes place of the rear foot peg, and a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the bike that you slip the tie downs through. I ended up with a Bad&G battery bag which works out perfect for me and isn't in the way of the jiffy stand.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:12 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

You will also make a new slot higher up on the back of the bag. This is what will lower the right side of the bag to now match the lowered left side of teh bag. (when looking at it from the front). Just slot it enough to slide the zip ties thru. You will see what I mean when you get the bag and mock fit it up to the swingarm.
Thanks! I'll be ordering the bag on Thursday at the %20 off night, among a pile of other goodies haha. Im sure once the bag is sitting in front of me I'll see the slots you're mentioning.

Did you find any jiffy stand issues like some other people have?

Old 09-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I have this bag on my bike. It is borderline impossible to put the kickstand down with your foot. I just reach down with my hand.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the bag in its stock mounting and the look of the bag. Passenger foot peg isn't an issue with me since I don't haul anyone, but putting the jiffy stand down was at first. I got the stand extension - problem solved. There isn't a lot of room in it. I keep helmet lock & cable, cap, phone and that doesn't leave much room for too much else of any size.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:34 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rumblin
I like the bag in its stock mounting and the look of the bag. Passenger foot peg isn't an issue with me since I don't haul anyone, but putting the jiffy stand down was at first. I got the stand extension - problem solved. There isn't a lot of room in it. I keep helmet lock & cable, cap, phone and that doesn't leave much room for too much else of any size.
are you using extension # 50000032 ?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...07-50000032--1

Old 09-24-2015, 08:09 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
are you using extension # 50000032 ?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...07-50000032--1
Just wait to buy the extension after you try it out for yourself. I have no problem getting mine down. My trick is use the very front of my toes and get up under the bag to catch the jiffy and it goes right down. I ride in Adidas shelltops though so some peeps may use some type of steel-toe boots or Shaq-size feet and have trouble. Again, you will understand this once you got the bag on.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:14 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Just wait to buy the extension after you try it out for yourself. I have no problem getting mine down. My trick is use the very front of my toes and get up under the bag to catch the jiffy and it goes right down. I ride in Adidas shelltops though so some peeps may use some type of steel-toe boots or Shaq-size feet and have trouble. Again, you will understand this once you got the bag on.
I placed the order last night, my local area is lacking dynas so the dealers dont stock much for them. The bag will be here next week. I also decided I wanted a black belt guard at the same time

Old 10-13-2015, 02:10 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

So cut the areas marked in red?

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570