Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Dudlee
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1st step of Stage 1

I got the Catalytic out of the stock headpipe and am happy with the sound. A deeper rumble and plan on keeping the stock muffler. I didnt have an air chisel so spent 3 hours with a hammer ,chisel and grinder getting it out. $25 to weld back together. I should have the SE heavy breather (black) and the PV map from FuelMoto on it next weekend..
I only have 300 miles on the bike and 2 of the Exhaust flange nuts were barely snug when I took it apart..
[IMG][/IMG]
--
[IMG][/IMG]
--
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Dudlee; 02-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
ccat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide68
The bike should have came with true Duel exhaust to begin with .......
Every motorcycle I have ever owned I have put 2/1 exhuast on them. Love the sound. I was glad the FLD came with one already. Not happy with the cat tho.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
ccat
Novice

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
The complete system will be ready early 2012. Correct on the O2's, bassani created an adapter for them and I'm running them on my bike now. Yeah, last year's pipes will work but the headers are a little off. Check out my bassani album and look close at the dipstick area and also at the boards where they are a little higher than HD stock headers. Maybe perryross can paste something up side by side for you and us all of both headers?
Also look at the build specs and material used by V&H, Thunderheader, etc. The only two who I can see so far who use top quality materials are, Bassani and D&D.

I am committed to give a complete and unbiased report when this system is done. I really urge you to make the educated guess after doing the due diligence. An exhaust system that costs $700 or $400 is based upon either low profit margin OR superior build quality, right? Why else would there be such disparaity in price? Mr Bassani is old school and he is on this. To me, that old school connotation is something that comes from a day when quality and reputation, honor and integrity was the basis of the company model. People can say that's merely a romantic notion and I'm kidding myself, but I grew up in an era where made in USA meant something...quality! Darrel Bassani is committed to that notion and is what his company has produced for 40 years. You see, he is a consumer too. You know who else had that mind-set? Steve Jobs. Compare him to Bill Gates and how Gates went forward and with what, then look into Job's business model. Day and night.
Was curious, any word on the bassani's. I would like to check them out.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ccat
Was curious, any word on the bassani's. I would like to check them out.
Hiya C
Yes, I have the final version on in my sig pic below. There's also a pic of them in black in my albums. The sound is awesome, I love it. The look I find pleasing and a bit unique...also how i like things. It's running the best it ever has and the pipes are a big reason why.

Also check with wyldspirit on here...he saw and heard them in person and ordered up their slip on. see what he thinks too. They are moving well from what I've heard and once you see and then experience them, you will see why. They ended up designing a set just for the FLD. I think it's a total winner.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser

i 2nd that love the look of the bassani on my FLD and the sound is great and the power of the pipe plus the other mods i did are great

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM
ccat
Novice

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Hiya C
Yes, I have the final version on in my sig pic below. There's also a pic of them in black in my albums. The sound is awesome, I love it. The look I find pleasing and a bit unique...also how i like things. It's running the best it ever has and the pipes are a big reason why.

Also check with wyldspirit on here...he saw and heard them in person and ordered up their slip on. see what he thinks too. They are moving well from what I've heard and once you see and then experience them, you will see why. They ended up designing a set just for the FLD. I think it's a total winner.
Did you make any changes to the stock EFI to run those pipes?

Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
wyldspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C I have the slipon for now and the end tone of the Bassani vs stock is awesome. Only changes done during install was xieds and stage 1 AC

Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, did a PCV and full dyno tune from cohen motorsports, mickey cohen did the tune himself. While he had the bike, I had him change out my front springs too... to a racetech.
I didn't do an intake, just a K&N filter only

Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
ccat
Novice

Originally Posted by wyldspirit
C I have the slipon for now and the end tone of the Bassani vs stock is awesome. Only changes done during install was xieds and stage 1 AC
Does the slip-on improve the power output as well as the sound quality. I think the slip-on would be the way to go although getting rid of the cat ranks high on my list.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM
wyldspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C after the install of the pipe I took it for a ride... Awesome sound and a bit more Getty up and go. I will get some pics done today without fail and get them posted. Now I don't know if our head pipes are equipped with the catalytic converter or not but I know that pulling the 2 1/2 foot plug off the rear end woke up the bike

Quick Reply: Switchback Exhaust