Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Kit Fat Bob??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Broken Wing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xantasm
You can get a dual beam hi-low HID kit with slim ballast for motorcycle from DDM tuning. Used them on three different vehicles (2 Jeeps and 1 Triumph Scrambler I put a 7" bucket with a H4 HID in it) and had good results from them and heard from several fellow Jeepers that used DDM with good results. Plus DDM tuning sells HID bulbs with hoods on them so they shine very similar to halogen bulbs because most aftermarket halogen setups either have a hood inside of the stock housing or the bulb comes tipped with a coating on the end so the light reflects back into the reflective housing and then out instead of just straight out into peoples eyes. Big misconception about HID's is that none of the companies offer that so they cannot be adjusted to not blind oncoming drivers.

You will have to run the wiring harness to the battery and find a spot to hide the dual slim ballasts like under the tank along the frame or something. Make sure sincerity your bike already uses hi-low H4 dual Halogen bulbs that you get a hi-low H4 dual HID bulb kit. As far as color choice 3000k is yellow like the old 70's sealed beam non Halogen, 5000k is clear white comparable to the Sylvania silverstars Halogen bulbs and is usually what I pick because the average person would not guess they are actually HID unless they notice the light spread, and anything higher in kelvin rating will be blue to purple and give you that ricer look. You can also choose between 35w and 55w but with the duals being so close to each other you might not notice much difference there.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

BTW sorry if I sound like I am trying to plug for their product. I have no ties to DDM tuning and there are a couple of others out there that I am sure are just as good. I have just had really good luck with them and their products and they are relatively cheap with a good warranty compared to a lot of the other kits out there. And I am sick of all of the lecturing and whining about how HID is gonna cause your bike to blind some driver who will go flying off into a ditch and not be found by authorities till days later after they have already started eating their own flesh to survive and became a zombie and thats how the zombie apocalypse begins

Why do you have to run the harness to the battery? I have the Ddm kit on my SB its all plug and play! I can see extending it to hide. But to the battery? Any how just my two cent s great kit and its pretty cheap. They are so bright no need for high beams. go with 35w 6000k to get that day look. other wise the 8k and higher its gonna have a color hue to it.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
Why do you have to run the harness to the battery? I have the Ddm kit on my SB its all plug and play! I can see extending it to hide. But to the battery? Any how just my two cent s great kit and its pretty cheap. They are so bright no need for high beams. go with 35w 6000k to get that day look. other wise the 8k and higher its gonna have a color hue to it.
Where did you stuff the ballast?

I looked at a couple kits and didn't want to screw with hiding stuff. I ended up with the Daymaker. It's expensive but bright as hell. A dual setup would really light up the night.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Originally Posted by SLV
Where did you stuff the ballast?

I looked at a couple kits and didn't want to screw with hiding stuff. I ended up with the Daymaker. It's expensive but bright as hell. A dual setup would really light up the night.
yeah I wanted the Daymaker but I couldn't pull the trigger on that. It would have put my 95" kit and cam on hold. So I went the less expensive route. I hid the ballast behind my 1/4 fairing. I mounted it on the brackets so if I decided to take off the fairing. its fairly simple with all plugs right there. The daymaker is the way to go for the SB if you can spend that doe on it.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
yeah I wanted the Daymaker but I couldn't pull the trigger on that. It would have put my 95" kit and cam on hold. So I went the less expensive route. I hid the ballast behind my 1/4 fairing. I mounted it on the brackets so if I decided to take off the fairing. its fairly simple with all plugs right there. The daymaker is the way to go for the SB if you can spend that doe on it.
Great looking bike by the way. Yes, I saved up and did put excessive money into the bike. I wouldn't have foregone power for the Daymaker. The cams, oil pump, tuner, pipe and intake were priority.

The problem now is that I blew the whole budget at once. I'm lucky to afford gas now!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 PM
joemazz12
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
Anyone else interested in this?
I just finished 20 mins ago installing hids on my 2014. They are also h13. Orders a h13 to h4 adapter from 4wheelers.com. 9 bucks. Make sure u order 2. Then plug that in. And then use the hharness that hooks up to the ballasts and cut it in half only one red one black thick wire and place in to that using waterproof heat shrink connectors. And. Run it under tank in channel and then behind batter box and with some men u've ring u can get both ballast in the don't get the slim ballet. Won't fit. But then ur gonna have to cut wires on bulbs. Yes ur brand new bulbs. Cut only the. Big plugs and use same connections with more spliced wires. Long enough to go to the seat also. And also plug in to ballast. Make sure u don't loose track of what wires are what

Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 PM
joemazz12
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
Anyone else interested in this?
I just finished 20 mins ago installing hids on my 2014. They are also h13. Orders a h13 to h4 adapter from 4wheelers.com. 9 bucks. Make sure u order 2. Then plug that in. And then use the hharness that hooks up to the ballasts and cut it in half only one red one black thick wire and place in to that using waterproof heat shrink connectors. And. Run it under tank in channel and then behind batter box and with some men u've ring u can get both ballast in the don't get the slim ballet. Won't fit. But then ur gonna have to cut wires on bulbs. Yes ur brand new bulbs. Cut only the. Big plugs and use same connections with more spliced wires. Long enough to go to the seat also. And also plug in to ballast. Make sure u don't loose track of what wires are what

Old 04-03-2014, 01:10 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Broken Wing
The 55s are gonna get HOT. Not recommended. Besides, dual 35w HIDs are crazy bright. Just get the correct H13 kit. Should snap together like lego blocks.

Where are you planning to mount the ballasts?
I have been running a 55 watt HID for over a year now and never had any issue at all

Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i used a H11 one 6000k and one 3000k on my fighter build with a fat bob lamp, is sick!

Old 04-03-2014, 03:45 PM
DRLC6
Intermediate

Subscribed, I will need HID Or LEDs once I get my bike I have bad night vision.