Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Street Glide or Fat Bob?

I am thinking I may want a second bike for longer trips with the old lady. I could ride the FXDX solo for hours on end, but once I go 2-up on it it gets a little cramped. I'm a big guy at 6'3" 255lbs and I never feel comfortable with her wrapped around me, to be honest I really do not like 2-up riding but I wonder if that would change with a beefier bike.

So.....do you guys think a Fat Bob would do the trick or should I just go full touring if I am planning on long 8+ hour rides? I have done 8 hours on my bike solo with no issues, but don't think I would attempt it 2-up.

This may not happen until early 2013 but just thinking ahead. I would not get rid of the FXDX either way

Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have the best of both worlds, here is my link to my cheap man's streetglide. jackyl

Cheap Man's Streetglidehttps://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...1-fairing.html

Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is some pics of my bike with a tour pak on it for touring too, it is all quick dis-connect takes 2 mins. to install and un-install. i dont have any pics right now of the fairing and the tour pak on at the same time. hope this opens your mind up with some different ideas too and it will save you tons of money. the best part is when i get to my distination i can strip my bike down for the rally or whatever. jackyl

tourpak pictures:

Old 11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin' good. However, another reason for the second bike is I would like to have an EFI bike as well as my carb, would make those cold rides a lot easier to get the bike going

Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLHX all the way

Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Street glide. Easy choice...

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
FLHX all the way
Totally agree!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
I am thinking I may want a second bike for longer trips with the old lady. I could ride the FXDX solo for hours on end, but once I go 2-up on it it gets a little cramped. I'm a big guy at 6'3" 255lbs and I never feel comfortable with her wrapped around me, to be honest I really do not like 2-up riding but I wonder if that would change with a beefier bike.

So.....do you guys think a Fat Bob would do the trick or should I just go full touring if I am planning on long 8+ hour rides? I have done 8 hours on my bike solo with no issues, but don't think I would attempt it 2-up.

This may not happen until early 2013 but just thinking ahead. I would not get rid of the FXDX either way
Street Glide. If my dealer could get the deal right I would've bought one a few days ago. I love my Wide Glide but my wife enjoys riding with me a lot so a touring bike is inevitable if we want to be comfortable. Plus all the storage is great to have on a daily basis. I wish I could but I can't afford both bikes and the Street Glide seems to be the sportiest of all the baggers so that's what I'm going with. The Fat Bob's a great bike but you'll feel just as cramped on it as you do your current ride. That's my

Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Street glide for sure. That's my plan too!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

It is a whole different experience once you crank up the tunes and hit the Cruise Control. You can do 8 hours before breakfast.................

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Fat Bob?