Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crank position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:20 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,538 Likes on 3,031 Posts

Originally Posted by creepychicken
Hey There,

I know this is an old thread, but I've searched the internet for a while now to find what the hell's wrong with my bike. I have a 1999 FXDWG, and the same problem that you had with yours has been happening to me, however, I am able to start it back up after leaving it sitting for a while. Anyway, I've changed numerous things and worked on others to resolve the problem and even taken it to a few mechanics with no luck. I just ordered a crank position sensor and plan on changing it out tonight. Did you change yours out yourself? Is there anything special about the installation or is it just plug and play? Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance. I hope to hear from you. I'm at my wits end with this **** and really hope this works!

Thanks,

Liz
That dude hasn't posted in 5 years. Chances are he isn't going to answer your question. Start a thread in the engine tech section. Those boys should be able to help.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:59 PM
creepychicken
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things have been so hopeless as of late,I thought I'd try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
That dude hasn't posted in 5 years. Chances are he isn't going to answer your question. Start a thread in the engine tech section. Those boys should be able to help.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:18 AM
tracybabytaylor@gmail.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Same thing happened to my 2002 FXD. Only instead of just dying suddenly, it spit and sputtered for a few seconds, then died.
do you know where the crank positioning sensors located on a 2002 Dyna Low Rider