Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway bars for Switchback

Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was looking seriously on those Lindy bars for mine.
Since they told me at the time they didn’t have one
for sure that would fit I went with the HD.
I went with the black to me they don't stand out as
much as the chrome.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bars and rails for the FLD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINDBY-BLACK...item35ae1612ed
Same company as what enforcer posted but in black:

I agree with perryross that the black disappears better and this style looks a little better too. I sent the seller an email to see if they will fit an FLD frame.

You know. if one has to have them due to their "intrinsic" value which is it's core functionality of protecting you and the bike, someone needs to also offer rails for the bags too. Rails that will protect them in tip-overs but also at same time accomplish the short-comings of the look of the smaller bags, we have. Rails should be developed that also allow those bags to "stand up and be protected" when sitting on a shelf. These rails would need to be thin i think and designed so that it makes our little bags appear taller and longer. Am I painting anyone a picture? Any thoughts?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Lindby make the Linbar and Multibar for the Switchback.

FBinSoCal
Cycle Visions has something along the lines of what you are talking about. They have a setup the uses bags (bottoms) they make that look like the full dresser style and size, all you need is there mounting kit, top of the bags and hardware off a stock bagger. Hell, you could make your Dyna look like a Road Glide if you wanted to with their stuff. Check out page 9 I would imaging that if you have some welding talent or know some that does, then you could weld some bag frames around the bags.

Last edited by blueangel73; 01-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by blueangel73

FBinSoCal
Cycle Visions has something along the lines of what you are talking about. They have a setup the uses bags (bottoms) they make that look like the full dresser style and size, all you need is there mounting kit, top of the bags and hardware off a stock bagger. Hell, you could make your Dyna look like a Road Glide if you wanted to with their stuff. Check out page 9 I would imaging that if you have some welding talent or know some that does, then you could weld some bag frames around the bags.
I just happen to know someone like that! Thanks for the heads up blue, I see they are located about 10 miles from me too. Yeah that Linbar is close to what I saw on ebay, maybe the ebay one was more like the multi-bar..have to open that link again. At any rate, if I ever go with crash bars, it would be along the lines of the more pointed, linbar but in black I think. I want to see these in person.Thanks man.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 PM
enforcer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
At any rate, if I ever go with crash bars, it would be along the lines of the more pointed, linbar but in black I think. I want to see these in person.Thanks man.
I'm glad this thread was of help, not only do they serve a purpose but being in Harley symbol they look good. They are about 5 days out from the factory in California and another 7-10 days from Queensland. I'll post up pics when the bike is complete.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I like apples

Last edited by mrnone; 01-08-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by enforcer
I'm glad this thread was of help, not only do they serve a purpose but being in Harley symbol they look good. They are about 5 days out from the factory in California and another 7-10 days from Queensland. I'll post up pics when the bike is complete.
Yes, would like to see those pics when avail. Until your post, I hadn't made the connection on the shape resembling the HD bar and shield. That's pretty cool. Australia, wow what a trip it is that we are able to converse across the globe like this. Take care, bud.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Default after digesting your post

You know, I thought about your comment "you can even make it look like a road glide" and I again started thinking about, or rather asking myself; just what AM I trying to accomplish? I'm not really consciously trying to make it look like any other bike, I'm basically trying to figure out the FLD's own true unique personality so it stands alone and how it reflects my own personality too. I'm pretty sure that's where my head is at.

I really like the old 60's duo-glide vibe and see from that configuration similarities to my bike, but I don't want a duo-glide, I want something original. On the bags, I like the look of RK, streetglide, etc., bags, because they have some nice lines and if you are gonna run bags, I think those look best. On adding rails to the FLD bags, my vision is to have rails that add another couple of inches to the bottom of them and gets them closer to the RK and SG look of their bags and the sleekness of them, yet still maintain an original flair. I looked at page 9 on your link and where they coved the bottom of the bags to accomodate the pipe girth looks kinda cool, kinda bulky, but will really only look good when there are pipes coming out the back on each side. So for the FLD, that won't really be balanced and probably look odd. Anyway, as I go through this, I hope at some point I get a clearer vision of an end result...lol Thanks for your post bud.

Originally Posted by blueangel73

FBinSoCal

Last edited by FBinSoCal; 01-07-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mrnone
I put my lower fairings back on my bars yesterday

WOW what an awesome difference

starting back on my batwing as soon as my current projects are finished
that will be the trump card in the transition to a full tourer

Tim, i asked Karleen yesterday what she thought about adding crashbars...she looked incredulously at me, like...you are changing so much, does this mean you will even take me shopping now?
NO!!!
She smiled though.
LOL... times they are a-changing

Old 01-08-2012, 02:39 AM
enforcer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Tim, i asked Karleen yesterday what she thought about adding crashbars...she looked incredulously at me, like...you are changing so much, does this mean you will even take me shopping now?
NO!!!
She smiled though.
LOL... times they are a-changing
That brought back some memories.....nice tune....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYQZS...eature=related

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Highway bars for Switchback