Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway bars for Switchback

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by enforcer
$25,995 ride away (AUS $)

I still can't work out why you guys in the US get such a good deal
Same reason people in Europe get their cars for way cheaper (BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc), cost more to import something then add on the import taxes for said country.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm gonna make my bike look like my bike.. if i wanted a road king i woulda bought one.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jamman
i'm gonna make my bike look like my bike.. if i wanted a road king i woulda bought one.
There ya go Jam, I agree. Each one with it's own personality.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
enforcer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jamman
I don't understand that one jam....a stock Switchback looks like a smaller version of the Road King.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
jamman
Road Master

Originally Posted by enforcer
I don't understand that one jam....a stock Switchback looks like a smaller version of the Road King.
well i like the option of the detachable everything... i tend not to ride with any of it on.. as time continues , the bike will evolve away from a road king and more of stripped fat front end sleeper...

i changed my sig pic for you, notice the similarity of my 75 e-glide, all the junk was in the garage, and thats me 84 to 85, i much better looking now.

Last edited by jamman; 01-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 AM
wyldspirit
Tourer

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
There ya go Jam, I agree. Each one with it's own personality.

Bob I totally agree with all my FLD bros out there that the bike will be something that wil be a personal repensentation of me and what I want it to be. Since I purchased my bike I put some 3 grand into accessories but after looking at what I have done up till now is simple cosmetic stuff. So what am I going for with my bike? I stand back and look at it and somewhat question myself at what I have done till now and what I invision it to become in the future? I guess the first will be to do something drastic with the paint. I love the Look of it but could see some kind of graphics airbrushed to make it eye popping. Love eye candy so when the spring rally hits MB I will get it done then. I am also looking at going with a little taller handlebar, pipes, derby and timing covers. The local dealer has the info that there is a guy that makes replacement covers, not the ones that are in the parts manual but some great looking stuff.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

VERY cool ideas Wyld!
I was involved in a thread about paint last night and this morning. It's pricey, no doubt. I'm probably a good 2 years from doing a total paint job but am stirring the pot on trying to chop my front fender.

I think the FLD crowd is a bold one and in the true spirit of dyna owners. Dyna owners are ones who have always been aggressive modifiers. Their bikes are typically all modified and personalized and most of them do a lot of the work themselves. It's almost the spirit of the beast! LOL

Maybe now that some of that road biatch crap is gone, we can collaborate with them more. They definitely are a progressive bunch and we are in this together with them. Do I sound like William Wallace now? LMAO

Originally Posted by wyldspirit
Bob I totally agree with all my FLD bros out there that the bike will be something that wil be a personal repensentation of me and what I want it to be. Since I purchased my bike I put some 3 grand into accessories but after looking at what I have done up till now is simple cosmetic stuff. So what am I going for with my bike? I stand back and look at it and somewhat question myself at what I have done till now and what I invision it to become in the future? I guess the first will be to do something drastic with the paint. I love the Look of it but could see some kind of graphics airbrushed to make it eye popping. Love eye candy so when the spring rally hits MB I will get it done then. I am also looking at going with a little taller handlebar, pipes, derby and timing covers. The local dealer has the info that there is a guy that makes replacement covers, not the ones that are in the parts manual but some great looking stuff.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Webhead13
Advanced

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINDBY-BLACK...item35ae1612ed
Same company as what enforcer posted but in black:

I agree with perryross that the black disappears better and this style looks a little better too. I sent the seller an email to see if they will fit an FLD frame.

You know. if one has to have them due to their "intrinsic" value which is it's core functionality of protecting you and the bike, someone needs to also offer rails for the bags too. Rails that will protect them in tip-overs but also at same time accomplish the short-comings of the look of the smaller bags, we have. Rails should be developed that also allow those bags to "stand up and be protected" when sitting on a shelf. These rails would need to be thin i think and designed so that it makes our little bags appear taller and longer. Am I painting anyone a picture? Any thoughts?
I agree so much with you on this since I just put a huge scratch on my saddlebag. Harley wants to charge me $300 to repaint it. I'm leaving it for now. Not happy but I just cant see shelling out that kind of money and then it may happen again.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Webhead13
I agree so much with you on this since I just put a huge scratch on my saddlebag. Harley wants to charge me $300 to repaint it. I'm leaving it for now. Not happy but I just cant see shelling out that kind of money and then it may happen again.
Ouch...$300 scratch! That's probably what i would look at for repainting a front fender too then. I'm trying to figure a way of economically chopping my front fender is why i say that.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
jamman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Webhead13
oh ****, they dont repaint , the replace..

Quick Reply: Highway bars for Switchback