Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley finanacing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harley finanacing

Anyone on here have one financed through HDFS. They say starting this month you have to log in each month to make a payment, no automatic withdrawals. when i went to make a payment it said i was already signed up WTF!!

I`ll call them but was just curious if anyone has dealt with this yet.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine financed through HD (actually Chase Bank). There have been several different portals to be able to log in and make an EFT or in your case I am assuming you set it up initially to automatically make EFT's monthly so you don't have to keep remembering to log in and make one. Before depending on where you were directed to initially when your account was setup would determine what webpage you went to, now there is only one. Sounds like a complicated deal but its not and should not change your account any which is likely why it says your already registered. The new HDFS link is IMO a bit simpler to deal with than some of the other links.

They are all links to JP Morgan/Chase banks corporate account finance services for Harley Davidson. You are technically financing through Chase not HD because Chase is the bank holding the note on the loan. Some of the log in links required the last four of your account as your user ID and some required your email and etc. and I guess the email log in is going to be the new standard for everybody financing through them. Most likely this is because of new security protocols. Here is the primary link that everyone dealing with this has to use from now on https://www.myhdfs.com/

Here are a few examples of the different links which except for the myhdfs may or may not disappear by the 9th of Feb:

https://www.payconnexion.com/pconWeb...n_input.action
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...bmLocale=en_US

Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Skatz5000
Advanced

I'm assuming you won't actually notice any difference until the 9th at which point you'll have to log in monthly and select the make a payment option on the left tool bar to pay your bill instead of it being automatically withdrawn. Mines due soon after the 9th so I guess ill find out....If I remember hahaha

Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
xantasm
Supporter

Originally Posted by Skatz5000
I'm assuming you won't actually notice any difference until the 9th at which point you'll have to log in monthly and select the make a payment option on the left tool bar to pay your bill instead of it being automatically withdrawn. Mines due soon after the 9th so I guess ill find out....If I remember hahaha
The automatic recurring payment option is there in HDFS just the same as the other access points so he may either need to set it up again or it will transfer automatically and the only change for him is where he logs in to look at it. I have had several vehicles financed through Chase and they REALLY don't like changing automatic payments which they can take out without ever needing any interaction from you. They are a bank after all

Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

I am financed through them and setup a log in to make the first payment and set it up for automatic withdrawal after that. The notice I recieved from them is nothing will change if you have automatic withdrawal already in place. This only affects the users that are making 1 time payments each month, they will be required to log in, etc every month.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

I financed my Low Rider through HDFS, they wanted $6 each time I made an online payment, will never finance through them again because of that. And yes, it is Chase bank, another good reason to avoid HDFS. I've been making online payments over the years for everything from gas/electric, truck and car payments, school loans, mortgage. HDFS is the first to ever charge for making payments online. I'm guessing they want to cover the percentage Visa and Mastercard charge.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:09 PM
xantasm
Supporter

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
I financed my Low Rider through HDFS, they wanted $6 each time I made an online payment, will never finance through them again because of that. And yes, it is Chase bank, another good reason to avoid HDFS. I've been making online payments over the years for everything from gas/electric, truck and car payments, school loans, mortgage. HDFS is the first to ever charge for making payments online. I'm guessing they want to cover the percentage Visa and Mastercard charge.
Several of the banks are trying to sneak those extra little charges through and all of the CC companies are doing it. BOA reversed their decision to start adding them to ATM transactions because of overwhelming negative customer feedback. They are all trying to squeeze us for every nickel they can these days.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

My understanding is they were shutting down the quick pay option. Currently, you have 3 different methods to pay:

1. you log in to HDFS where it shows you your entire statement and info, and you can make a single payment or set up auto
2. you go to the quick pay option, which takes you to a Chase page that only accepts a payment (I never did this)
3. you send in a check, either manually or through your bank's online bill pay.

Only #2 is going away.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
djack
Road Master

ok thanks guys that clears it up for me,I more than likely will not see a change, I doubt I'll finance another one through them but I did get a good rate

Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Like any other financial institution, if you have good credit, you can get competitive rates when financing through HD. The $6 charge is no big deal - avoid it by using "bill pay" through your bank or send a check via "snail mail" each month. All banks are sucking wind right now and inventing new fees.

Quick Reply: harley finanacing