Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my fxdp

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:29 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default my fxdp

i got it 2 weeks ago in full cop trim .
here it is today
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking bike.....Congrats.....I have often thought about picking up a used cop bike as they are are usually well taken care of. Maybe my next bike, maybe...Enjoy and ride safe!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 PM
j14woods
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 PM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobnehoc
.....I have often thought about picking up a used cop bike as they are are usually well taken care of.
My experience is contrary to that belief.

When I got my FXDP, it had just been mustered out of service by a western PD with 45K mi. It was 1 full quart low on crankcase oil, and the oil was thin, black and smelled burned. The records indicated the motor pool serviced it once per year in December regardless of milage. And they only looked at service points listed in owners & service manuals. I opened up the cam chest immediately, and the inner cam chain tensioner was totally trashed and down to the metal rubbing against the chain, with tiny bits of tensioner face material throughout the cam chest. But the manual says nothing about checking or replacing tensioners so . . . The pursuit/marker light/siren wiring had simply been cut off completely for decommissioning. When I got it, the brake lights didn't even work. I had to do a lot of rewiring to make it safe to ride. The primary case drain bolt was completely stripped out. They had simply wrapped it up with multiple rounds of teflon tape and shoved it back in the case. Shall I go on?

They're gubmint employees, dealing with gubmint equipment. Nobody (except perhaps the officer riding it, when he's riding it) gives a $hit about caring for motorpool cruisers.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by M&P340
My experience is contrary to that belief.

When I got my FXDP, it had just been mustered out of service by a western PD with 45K mi. It was 1 full quart low on crankcase oil, and the oil was thin, black and smelled burned. The records indicated the motor pool serviced it once per year in December regardless of milage. And they only looked at service points listed in owners & service manuals. I opened up the cam chest immediately, and the inner cam chain tensioner was totally trashed and down to the metal rubbing against the chain, with tiny bits of tensioner face material throughout the cam chest. But the manual says nothing about checking or replacing tensioners so . . . The pursuit/marker light/siren wiring had simply been cut off completely for decommissioning. When I got it, the brake lights didn't even work. I had to do a lot of rewiring to make it safe to ride. The primary case drain bolt was completely stripped out. They had simply wrapped it up with multiple rounds of teflon tape and shoved it back in the case. Shall I go on?

They're gubmint employees, dealing with gubmint equipment. Nobody (except perhaps the officer riding it, when he's riding it) gives a $hit about caring for motorpool cruisers.
here the cops buy there own bikes , this one had 18k and all the police crap still on except radio , fluids look good had gear drive cams in it already

Old 02-04-2012, 12:47 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master

before pics
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-04-2012, 12:57 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master

heres one of my other bikes
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sonnydaze
here the cops buy there own bikes , this one had 18k and all the police crap still on except radio , fluids look good had gear drive cams in it already
Interesting, buy their own?! What part of TX you from? My bike was matriculated from the El Paso city PD.

Your "before" pic doesn't even look like a cop bike. Certianly not an OEM HD cop bike. Clearly very highly modded by cop owner.

You did a great job de-copping it, BTW, in a very short time. Beautiful machine. It's taken me 2 months just to get mine back to what I consider safe to ride. And I'm not de-copping it. I like the basic black/white cop look.

Quick Reply: my fxdp