Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Custom Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hill Country Custom Cycles

After looking for Apes to install, I came across Hill Country Custom Cycles. They offer pre-wired bars with the pins and connectors at a great price (about $524). I was told that some of their stuff was not top quality and was wondering if anyone had intalled their pre-wired bars and what their experience was. Also, how much time did it save geting them pre-wired with the pins and connectors?

Thanks for all your help (I have learned a lot on this forum in a short period of time).

Old 02-14-2012, 07:10 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

I won't give them a grade but maybe you should read the thread "WTF" this concerns Hill Country CC and their knowledge of the parts they sell.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did 16" apes with them, decently pleased with what they sent. Check your parts though, they sent me a junction block for my front brakes where the connection going into it didn't fit. Had to reorder that part. Otherwise been happy for the last 2 years.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain

oh almost forgot, did my own pin connecting, that was not fun. Had a hard time tracking down an affordable crimper, i wouldnt go through that again.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Legion Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my set up from them in 2010. No issues with the parts or set up.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

they are the wal mart of parts and quality if you shop there you should be ok

Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM
DOMAPOI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nazareth27
oh almost forgot, did my own pin connecting, that was not fun. Had a hard time tracking down an affordable crimper, i wouldnt go through that again.
And where did you find the "affordable" crimper? I have not been able to find them!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpicht
After looking for Apes to install, I came across Hill Country Custom Cycles. They offer pre-wired bars with the pins and connectors at a great price (about $524). I was told that some of their stuff was not top quality and was wondering if anyone had intalled their pre-wired bars and what their experience was. Also, how much time did it save geting them pre-wired with the pins and connectors?

Thanks for all your help (I have learned a lot on this forum in a short period of time).
You said it yourself bud a great price (about $524). not top quality however that said a lot of people use them and are very happy if you want top quality then get your wallet out.

Regards Brad

Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I've had two sets of 16's from HCCC installed on my WG. I did not get the pre-wired. Why pay for something that you already paid for and is already installed on the bike (harness, connectors).

My first set got bent when I dropped my bike several years back. Other than that, I have found their bars to be of decent quality at a reasonable price.

I also have to say the one time I've used their customer service line the guy said he had to check inventory and would call me back.....and he absolutely did. I was shocked as hell.

I'd buy from them again.

The only advice I'd give is the cables they sell you in the $299 kits are not high quality. Drag specialties clutch cable has yellowed in under a year. It's cheap. Not HCCC's fault. I'd spend a lil more on some quality cables next time. I've had no issue with the Motion pro throttle cables. The brake line has also remained in good condition. I can't remember who the manufacturer is but it came from HCCC as well.