Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Cooling Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a PowerVision with a tune from FuelMoto (for my pipes/ac set up) and it helped a lot. Putting in 25/60 in the summer months SAVED ME!! Our average daytime summer temps are in the low 100's F/ 38-40C...

Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Ultra Cooler

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
I dont thiink it fits a Dyna..

A couple of Ubolts and some black paint will mount it...

Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Bruce Blanco
Stage I

Ref. the cooling fans...when on the road ,(moving) every Harley will be fine...I am in N.Y. with ALOT of traffic..stop and go..etc.etc....I bought a LeNale cooling fan and it did work,But all the hot air blew directly through the motor and onto your right leg (and it was HOT)..I have a mechanical degree and built my own fans...I have installed these on 6 bikes for guys in my club and have been tested on my bike for over 2 years now...if you are interested in ideas and facts e-mail me your info...bottom line for any engine,once you are at operating temp. ..the cooler your motor is running the better..

Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Search,wardspartswerks FCS.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
TexasScooterTrash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,210 Likes on 743 Posts

Thank the EPA for all that heat. It's running EPA LEAN. Get a Tuner or swap out the pesky EFI for a good old carb and stand alone ignition. After I swapped out the EFI for a CV40, the heat issue was GONE on my 07 Street Bob. Along with running about 250 degrees cooler, it now has TONS of low and mid range torque. AND it didn't break the bank to do.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasScooterTrash
Thank the EPA for all that heat. It's running EPA LEAN. Get a Tuner or swap out the pesky EFI for a good old carb and stand alone ignition. After I swapped out the EFI for a CV40, the heat issue was GONE on my 07 Street Bob. Along with running about 250 degrees cooler, it now has TONS of low and mid range torque. AND it didn't break the bank to do.
Very funny...swap out EFI for carbs...

Old 05-11-2014, 05:50 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

swapping to carb is really unnecessary to cool your bike down. The EFI can be tuned easily.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce Blanco
Ref. the cooling fans...when on the road ,(moving) every Harley will be fine...I am in N.Y. with ALOT of traffic..stop and go..etc.etc....I bought a LeNale cooling fan and it did work,But all the hot air blew directly through the motor and onto your right leg (and it was HOT)..I have a mechanical degree and built my own fans...I have installed these on 6 bikes for guys in my club and have been tested on my bike for over 2 years now...if you are interested in ideas and facts e-mail me your info...bottom line for any engine,once you are at operating temp. ..the cooler your motor is running the better..
Did you notice the post you are responding to is more that 2 years old? lol...think he got it figured out by now?

Old 05-26-2014, 01:33 AM
alhatten
Stage III

I'm interested in the details of your mod. I would like to run a little cooler in the summer.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:34 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I have hade my bike dyno tuned by a very respected tuner, guess what, if it is hot outside and you do stop and go riding, the CHT will go too high. The Wards Fans work for me, they have been around long enough to prove themselves and are backed/made by a HD Forum member who stands behind them:

Quick Reply: Engine Cooling Fans