Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pullback risers for Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pullback risers for Fat Bob

Thought some of the other Fat Bob owners on here might get some use out of this info as well as anybody else running 1-1/4" bars on their bike. To give some background info there are a ton of listings for 1-1/4" pullback risers but most of them are mislabeled or incorrectly advertised as being for 1-1/4" bars because the risers themselves are made of that diameter bar. So there are a **** ton of pullback risers for 1" bars like you find on most Harley's that are listed as 1-1/4" or 1.25" pullback risers but are actually for 1" bars. Some sites are nice enough to clarify that the mounting diameter for the bars is 1" or whatever but as we all know with large wholesalers they rarely pay attention to little details like that. Plus you add the fact that the number of bikes that use 1.25" bars is much less there just isn't as much call for pullback risers that fit those diameter bars, especially in PC'd black so what few are out there are usually chrome.

Getting to the point of my thread I found some at baron customs LA Choppers HEFTY RISERS
SMOOTH, BLACK
1-1/4" Mount, 5.5"Curved Rise

I live in Vegas and they shipped from CA so I got them within 2 days and already got them installed. Now I get to keep my Flanders 35 degree drag bars and have a elbow bent relaxed feel to the bars. I am 5'10" so I would say these put the bars at average riders reach whereas the stock ones were leaned forward a bit too much to be comfortable for me.

Attached Thumbnails Pullback risers for Fat Bob-img_1781.jpg   Pullback risers for Fat Bob-img_1783.jpg   Pullback risers for Fat Bob-img_1784.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
cgasman
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, just what i needed.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Texankirk1
Intermediate

Looks great! Were you able to use the stock cables? I'd like to get my handlebars back and up a little higher, but didn't want to change out cables. I've got a 2010 Wide Glide.

Thanks!
KIrk

Old 03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texankirk1
Looks great! Were you able to use the stock cables? I'd like to get my handlebars back and up a little higher, but didn't want to change out cables. I've got a 2010 Wide Glide.

Thanks!
KIrk
No changes required to the cables, I had to do the wiring because I changed to Flanders black 35 degree drag bars but if I had stuck with the chrome stock drag bars then I wouldn't have had to change out anything other than the risers.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Texankirk1
Intermediate

Excellent! Thanks for your help!

Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
d_ross
Intermediate

very good info, i have been looking for risers as of late.... hoping it will help reduce my shoulder pain on long rides.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:00 PM
nocturnalVX
Stage I

Can the stock H-D caps be used with these risers? I like the smooth caps they come with, but I have a tach mounted to the top of mine and would like to keep it. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good and comfy! Nice setup

Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Bedrockk
Intermediate

cheers for sharing.
I'm shopping for 12" straight risers for my '09 fat bob.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 AM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed 2" riser spacers from spacerjim's and I like the riding position better now, more upright and I'm 5'8. Cheaper then buying new risers and I think they look fine.

Quick Reply: Pullback risers for Fat Bob