Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pegs... pics

Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

heel rests were the most comfortable thing I ever did.

nice pegs, it's the little things that make a difference

Old 03-25-2012, 11:13 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know how that sharp knurling on the shifter treats the instep of your left boot.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:29 PM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like the new pegs, good choice! cheers

Old 03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
Let us know how that sharp knurling on the shifter treats the instep of your left boot.
Ahh, good point. I didn't think of that. I'm riding the Three Sisters this weekend, so I'll update this thread when I get back about how the boot is doing.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
roadrunner1414
Road Master
Received 706 Likes on 445 Posts

I've been looking at getting those pegs for my fat bob. I do long hauls though and read that alot of people change them back out because the vibration on long trips is annoying. I suppoose the old basic rubber ones are best for dampening. Can you let me know if you noticed any different in the pegs comfort/vibration wise on the trip you do.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roadrunner1414
I've been looking at getting those pegs for my fat bob. I do long hauls though and read that alot of people change them back out because the vibration on long trips is annoying. I suppoose the old basic rubber ones are best for dampening. Can you let me know if you noticed any different in the pegs comfort/vibration wise on the trip you do.
I already notice that there is some difference. Changing gears is a much louder clunk, but it's cool. As for the vibes, don't think they'll be an issue because the soles of my boots are pretty thick, but I'll post an update after my trip.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice pegs man! I want to do the heel rest on my street bob also I appreciate the thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rdondes
After a thousand mile weekend, riding the Three Sisters, I don't see any scuffing or scaring on the boot from the shifter peg. The only problem that I found is, the right heal rest is not level with the left. I need to raise it up about one notch to even them out and make it more comfortable.
Also, I never once thought the vibrations were excessive. Actually, I never even thought about it or noticed it this past weekend.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Get some decent quality Torx bits and don't go cheap like I did. I recently had to take the foot peg off to get to the brake pedal on my bike to remove it and grease it. I tried using some cheap T45 bits I bought from Advance Auto and I busted 2 of them into pieces. I went down to Lowes (wanted Craftsman from Sears but Lowes was closer) and picked up a Kobalt 8 piece torx socket driver set for about $22. That did the trick and now I have some good torx bits to use next time

Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy tools, figuring i will break them at some point so....

Husky has been my choice of tools since sears started to not take care of craftsman replacements around here. Home depot, has replaced any husky tool i have broken without any question, including air tools.

however now that lowes is here in my town and home depot is 30 minutes away, i have made the switch to Kobalt tools and have been very happy with them, have yet to break any, but i am willing to bet that lowes will be just as good about replacing them as Home depot was about the husky tools. ( as dumb as it sounds, the kobalt shovels are awesome, i did not think anyone could improve much on a plain old shovel, but they did, really nice wide stomp pads, and they are way thicker then normal shovels.)

While we are on the subject, home depot also life time warranties all the rigid power tools, including batterys on cordless tools, and they make good on that as well, after using my rigid cordless set to build 4 houses in the last 5-7 years i have not yet burnt up a tool, but i have burnt out batterys, and Home depot has replaced all of them on the spot, and are now replacing them with the new lithium batterys free of charge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Pegs... pics