Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyna FLD

Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 PM
FLD4sure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dyna FLD

Just bought a new FLD, Black. Traded in a Yamaha cruiser and previously owned 2 suzuki cruisers, and an AMF Sportster years ago.

This is a great bike, Harley has come along way. Very solid feel, stable, and confident, unlike the metrics I've owned. They were powerful bikes too, but just had a tin, cheapish, feel. I now know first hand how they compare.

My FLD isn't too small or too big, it's just right. The wheelbase is 0.7 inches shorter than a RKing or Street Glide. (62.8 vs 63.5), Hardly noticeable with the FLD's beefy front end.

When I park next to them they aren't that much bigger, but they are stocky all around.. I didn't want a big, wide body bike. I had a Suzuki C109, 890 lbs, big, wide, freight train. Sure it wasn't a Harley, but this FLD has the same power as the big tourers, 103ci, and is sleaker, with a wide front end, adjustable, nitrogen rear shocks, and has all the cool HD styling and technology.

I'm proud to be part of the Harley Davidson family again. I'm sorry I was gone so long.

Ride on.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Congrats on the new bike.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
DCWilcox61
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a 2012 street bob, but had an occasion to rent a new FLD for a day a couple of weeks back and there is a lot to like about that bike!

Congrats on the new ride!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice bike, congratulations on the new addition.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

those are some ugly *** wheels, you should trade them for mine Lol

Nice looking bike!

Welcome to HDF!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Saphira
Tourer

Congrats from Colorado and FLD owner. I just PM'd you.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 PM
DTDK
Road Captain

Good for you man, but i have to ask, what technology are you talking about?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Napoli
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, I really like those lights on the front!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Mortikus
Novice

Nice ride!

Mort

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
FLD4sure
Cruiser

Thanks for the welcome.

I like the cast aluminum mag wheels with black spokes and chrome rims - just my taste.

The technology, though not an exhaustive list is: intelligent turn signal canceller that calculates lean angle, time of turn etc - works great, the balance of all components that makes the Harley a superior handling and maneuverable motorcycle - the feel really is noticeable the minute you ride away, the hiding of all the wiring within a special enclosed housed harness which adds to the cleanness of design, maintaining a traditional looking standard for a big bore VTwin for decades and adding fuel injection, twin cams, ABS, intelligent security system...
there is so much more that we can only imagine which goes into the engineering of this motorcycle. The ride tells it all!

The FLD styling and components are pure genius. A lighter touring model for those of us that ride for 1/2 a day to a full day ride, and easily converted to around town cruiser, and for less money than you could combine all of the components yourself.

Someone said it should have been called a DUOGLIDE.
Maybe so, I found this pick of a 61 Panhead Duoglide - interesting front end, head light, fenders, rear shocks, right side 2 into 1 exhaust... could be.

As for "girly bike". I've seen quite a few small ladies riding the largest Harley (see superior handling above) so it's preference and skill level, not gender. We really should stop criticizing fellow Harley riders for their choice -- we all chose the best. If it's a little ribbing, OK, we can take a joke.

Ride on!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Dyna FLD