Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok..Who wants to figure out and sell HID Headlights for Fat Bob setups?

Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
bsljacques
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok..Who wants to figure out and sell HID Headlights for Fat Bob setups?

Would it not be the coolest to get a good setup for the TWIN headlight Fat Bob! I love the twin light look...but there is not a whole lot out there for and HID or LED setup. Seems like it would be a good little side business.

Any ideas?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I like the Dual Headlight and I run Silverstars but I've been thinking about HID.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Add me to this list

Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
roadrunner1414
Road Master
Received 706 Likes on 445 Posts

I'm tech challenge so I am no good to you trying to figure it out.....but once you do I'm definitely interested in an upgrage

Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
bsljacques
Tourer

I plan to look at the headlight this weekend and see how things are set up inside. I really like a clean look! So that will be the hard part. But I like a good challenge!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
bsljacques
Tourer

Buddy at work knows I don't play the lottery....but he just handed me a ticket for the Mega Millions $640,000,000 jackpot. Guess if I were to win I would start up a company and make the HID or LED light kit! Going to need some new employees too! So stay tuned!

Last edited by bsljacques; 03-30-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 AM
petewerner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bsljacques
Buddy at work knows I don't play the lottery....but he just handed me a ticket for the Mega Millions $640,000,000 jackpot. Guess if I were to win I would start up a company and make the HID or LED light kit! Going to need some new employees too! So stay tuned!
Why? Just contact Big Jim at HoleShot Choppers, he just started manufacturing of an LED headlight kit for the RoadGlide that we talked him into building for us, I think that he would really consider this bike, twin lights and the housing size would be ideal,,, just my thoughts

I love mine in my RG!!

Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up my FB in November, and was considering doing this too. I have the service manual, it only lists the HD bulb part number, not the type. after doing a search on the interenet it appears that its a H11 bulb? since the USA verson of the FB uses a High/Low bulb, all thats needed is a HID bulb that has the high/low feature that fits in the FB headlight reflector. Is the issure with the kits not working the lenght of the bulb, wiring harness? if its the harness, that should be easy enough to wire up a custom harness, if its the size/lenght of the bulb that might require a little more work. I've done some HID & LED custom stuff for BMW's that I have/had so I would be interested in working this out... I don't really want to take my headlight off right now, as our riding weather is about to improve, and I'm looking forward to parking the BMW & riding the FB. might have to start looking for a spare headlight bucket for the FB... off to ebay to look....

Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM
DTDK
Road Captain

Check out zentec stuff, and www.vvme.com I am not completely familiar with the fatbob set up, such as, is one side high, and the other low, do they both use dual fillement bulbs, and so forth, but i am sure that between the slim ballast kits that are out there, and the multitude of hid bulbs available, at worst you would need to change plug type on your headlight harness, i am sure you would be able to work out something without much issue

Old 03-31-2012, 04:35 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser

Ok, Did a little research. all that should be needed is to find the correct HID bulb with high/low ability. remove existing wireing harness from headlight bucket, those should plug into the ballast's, run the wiring from the ballasts to the headlight bucket, plug those into the bulbs, and it should all work. thats assuming that there are hid bulbs in a high/low combination that will fit in the headlight reflector.
Have i missed somthing obvious? have not tried it with this motorcycle, but from others i have seen this should work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok..Who wants to figure out and sell HID Headlights for Fat Bob setups?