Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Plasti-Dip Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't scuff anything, Just wipe with alcohol to clean........Thats the beauty of plasti Dip

Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEKE83
I am thinking about doing my turn signals and tail light on my 2011 SB....How much should I scuff up the surface for the plasti dip to bond good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9D...eature=related

Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any issues with the plasti-dip on the underside of the tank with the heat from the engine?

Originally Posted by PatrickHenninger
I guess it's due time that I chime in here... Here are a few pictures of bikes I've plasti-dipped...

Mine:

Everything: Tank, fenders, air cleaner, fork lowers, and healight visor. Bike was Black Pearl before.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icecaps
Is there any issues with the plasti-dip on the underside of the tank with the heat from the engine?
None whatsoever. Even the air cleaner assembly is fine. I've got at least 1,000 miles on my last "dip" and so far so good. I will say, that I have gotten much better results form spraying through an HVLP gun than the rattlecan. I'm working on becoming an authorized Plasti-Dip installer (as they call it) so I hope to be able to provide some discounts, and become a forum sponsor, if need be in order to do so.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have used this a handfull of times and i will say its great for what it is. I have done my truck wheels, my sons atv wheels, and a few pcs of trim. Even on some chrome parts. I see a few people asking how to prep or will it work on an enagine. Please look it up on the internet 1st before spraying anything. http://www.dipyourcar.com/
you dont scuff anything, just clean the surface well and spray. any thing that you will be in contact with will probaly come off. i saw someone asked about brake and clutch lever. definatly wont work. i did my nerf bars on my truck and every time i get out my shin rubs it and i can see it starting to peel. the surface when dried and cured is rubbery. not smooth like paint. just word of advice, do some research like there website and utube videos before using. i have even used armor-al on my tires and then the wheels. wheels even look better with armor-all. instead of flat black it turned a satin black.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This stuff is really cool looking! I will be doing my headlight bucket and rear foot brake lever and who know what else

Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A word of caution........if you spill gas on plasti dip it will melt........me personally, i would not use it on a gas tank.....just sayn

Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustdevil21
Fork Sliders and HD tank emblem for me
how did you do your battery band? same stuff?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 AM
chris h.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my batt band with it, it was super easy and looks good. I think it matches the box fairly well, I just did light coats to make it as textured as I could.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 AM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaydoss
Hey smoking, go to dipyourcar.com. They have red on their site. Plus a few other colors. Want to try this on my trees and lower forks.
Thanks JAYDOSS, that is exactly what i was looking for. I want to use it to do the aluminum band on the battery box cover, and the chrome band on the fuse box cover. I was thinking that the red accents will stand out on the black on white theme i have going...

I have alread bought the black, and plan on using it on my strut covers, and a few other chrome bits.

Last edited by smokingpig; 04-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Quick Reply: The Plasti-Dip Thread