Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyno Numbers after baffle change on V&Hs, are these ok numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 AM
bostock1957
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dyno Numbers after baffle change on V&Hs, are these ok numbers?

I realize also that without the dyno sheets scanned in this does not mean a lot, sheets will be scanned in later today, I'm tired, lol. But this to go on for now, ok?

Got a new tune and dyno run today after changing out the baffles on the V&H Twin Slash slip ons and I was really surprised! Had the quiet baffles in the first time dyno and super tuner was run, had 71hp and I forget torque, reran them today two weeks later after going back to oiginal twin slash baffle and no other changes, SE A/C, Super tuner pro, V&H twin slash w/orig baffles,,,,,74hp, 86 torque I believe, will post sheets later today after I get them scanned in. Going to add the Se 211 cam in the near future and will have a really nice 96ci engine I think. Got a deal in the works to get from a forum member 103" heads, cyls, pistons for a decent price, will those parts make a big difference in the total performance of the Super Glide Custom over what is in the 96ci right now? The dyno sheet says the rev limiter kicked in at 110mph, is that about right also? Hit 6200rpm at that speed I guess.

Thanks for any responses, they always help, good or bad!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:31 AM
PhotoRider
Road Master

That is close to stock numbers.

My 2009 Road King which only has a SE heavy breather, V&H true duals with ovals and a SERT gets 84 hp/102 TQ as does my friends 2007. Both are 96's.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM
zrx4me
Cruiser

what?at the rear wheel?

Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
That is close to stock numbers.

My 2009 Road King which only has a SE heavy breather, V&H true duals with ovals and a SERT gets 84 hp/102 TQ as does my friends 2007. Both are 96's.
That sounds like a very generous dyno. Stage 1 96 is usually mid 70's hp and low 80's torque. Those are New cam numbers and that torque is cam and heads.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

SAE smoothing?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 PM
bostock1957
Advanced
Default Thanks for the replies!

Hey,

Thank you all for the replies but I guess I don't know enough about all this yet to know what some of these questions are. I've decided that I must have done something wrong by someone in the forums and I'm going to take a break and leave the forums and just try to wing it alone. I really do appreciate all the kind replies that I've gotten to posts in the past, the only thing I can think of is that I got some rather unnecessary replies to a post six months ago or so about "why did I trade in an 09 SGC for a '11 when they're the same bike?" and I took a couple of days so that I did not answer in haste and to think thru why this was of any concern to anyone other than myself. There was a good reason and now I guess that I'm gone I might as well fess up. THe reason I got rid of the bike is that in my garage where I park my bike, my brother also used to park his 1963 Triumph Bonneville back when he got it in '63. He passed away in 1989 from Lou Gehrigs disease. From the first week I parked my 09 SGC in that spot, wierd things started happening, like a 40lb anvil that I would place against the bottom rung on the inside of the garage door would suddenly find itself about six inches from the inside of the door and would make a big "CLANG" as it fell over on its side. That 09 SGC never felt balanced or rideable to me from the day I got it but I guess a lot of members thought that I had the money to just throw away on a newer bike just for the hell of it. But since I traded in the 09 for the 2011 SGC, that iron has never ever moved from leaning against the bottom rung of the garage door and that was since last August and while I had the 09, it did it at least every two weeks or more. So I think it was his spirit telling me to get rid of that bike because it wasn't safe for me, so there is the answer to everyone's question. At that time I answered everyone's questions I never said a thing about that iron thing happening because who would believe it? I just waited a few days to answer and I guess that they all thought I had an attitude toward them or something when I've never held anything against anyone , since I"ve gotten older that is I guess, that bs is all kids stuff anyway and they grow out of it.

So anyway, thanks to everyone who's ever been of help to me on here and now is that time for me to go out and wing it and hope and pray that the dealer I have is not one of the "Stealers" that will use anyone for anything they put a mind to. SO far I think they've been straight up with me and not misguided me into putting money were it shouldn't belong.

This is a great forum if you can put up with it all, but everything comes with good and bad I suppose. Good luck to everyone and most of all, be safe out there cause it's a cruel, ignorant world filled with some of the biggest idiot, blind drivers in the world, BE SAFE, Have fun and ride em till ya can't any more!

Sincere thank you to all who have helped me decipher some of the stuff that was over my head, I've learned more than I ever thought possible!

Take good care!

Sincerely,

Bo

And to Harleytuner if he reads this, I'm still interested in that quote, if you post to me in here before they pull my profile it'll get to my home email and I'll write ya back from there, I'll be in Indy at the 500 on memorial day weekend and maybe could come over the week after the race and talk!

Thank you!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by JohnC FXDX
That sounds like a very generous dyno. Stage 1 96 is usually mid 70's hp and low 80's torque. Those are New cam numbers and that torque is cam and heads.
maybe - don't know since of limited experience tuning 96's. Maybe STD numbers not SAE. However, both my friend's RK and mine got very similar numbers on different dynos and shops. Both are stock internals.

Did some research. According to this site a 2007 FLH 96 stock is 71hp/91tq while a ST/dyna is 66/82.

Adding SE slip-ons, and keeping the intake stock: FLH yield 79/95 and a ST/dyna 74/85

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hplist_twin_cam.htm

I think my number are good. Keep in mind its a road king - FLHR not a dyna

Last edited by PhotoRider; 04-23-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bostock1957
I realize also that without the dyno sheets scanned in this does not mean a lot, sheets will be scanned in later today, I'm tired, lol. But this to go on for now, ok?

Got a new tune and dyno run today after changing out the baffles on the V&H Twin Slash slip ons and I was really surprised! Had the quiet baffles in the first time dyno and super tuner was run, had 71hp and I forget torque, reran them today two weeks later after going back to oiginal twin slash baffle and no other changes, SE A/C, Super tuner pro, V&H twin slash w/orig baffles,,,,,74hp, 86 torque I believe, will post sheets later today after I get them scanned in. Going to add the Se 211 cam in the near future and will have a really nice 96ci engine I think. Got a deal in the works to get from a forum member 103" heads, cyls, pistons for a decent price, will those parts make a big difference in the total performance of the Super Glide Custom over what is in the 96ci right now? The dyno sheet says the rev limiter kicked in at 110mph, is that about right also? Hit 6200rpm at that speed I guess.

Thanks for any responses, they always help, good or bad!
I have the exact same set up on my 2012 FXDC...V&H twin slash, SE breather, SERTPRO & dyno tuned....74HP/88TQ with SAE smoothing.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
maybe - don't know since of limited experience tuning 96's. Maybe STD numbers not SAE. However, both my friend's RK and mine got very similar numbers on different dynos and shops. Both are stock internals.

Did some research. According to this site a 2007 FLH 96 stock is 71hp/91tq while a ST/dyna is 66/82.

Adding SE slip-ons, and keeping the intake stock: FLH yield 79/95 and a ST/dyna 74/85

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hplist_twin_cam.htm

I think my number are good. Keep in mind its a road king - FLHR not a dyna
The factory numbers listed are at the crank..you will never see 91TQ on a SAE Dyno run with a stock bike.

Last edited by paul s; 04-23-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by paul s
The factory numbers listed are at the crank..you will never see 91TQ on a SAE Dyno run with a stock bike.
Sure about that - they state:?
"All horsepower figures listed here were confirmed on a DynoJet or Super Flow chassis dynamometer"

Does that mean at the crank???

Quick Reply: New Dyno Numbers after baffle change on V&Hs, are these ok numbers?