Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Hang Around
Default Solo rack on Switchback

Anyone tried this solo rack from Cavalry Custom on a FLD with the appropriate HD docking kit 52300065. Looking at the dimensions it may just fit?

Being in the UK it is a little difficult to try this out.

Click the image to open in full size.

Product Features:

Brand New

This beautifully chromed luggage rack will add touring capabilities to your Harley Davidson solo seat in 60 seconds. This rack fits over the fender when the passenger pillion is removed. The rack features brazed hand-polished tubing, and triple dipped chrome-plate finish adds a stylish flair.
Fits: '06-later Dynaź models (except FXDF and FXDFSE) equipped with solo seat. Requires separate purchase of appropriate Detachable Docking Hardware.
*Mounting holes distance: 10 1 /4" (center to center)* *Mounting tabs distance: 10" (outside to outside)*
Please compare our measurements with your bike before purchase to make sure it will fit.

Comes with:
-Rack (overall size: 11'' x 10"

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Hang Around
Default FLD Solo Luggage Rack

I'm looking for some type of medium/light weight solo rack for a FLD/Switchback. Let me know if you find that this or something else works. I kind of like the looks of a low profile fender rack and see one guy on 'www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/" has one from this company ... not sure on the exact model # he has, I'm asking. This looks like it could be it: http://www.motherwellproducts.com/Pr...ctCode=MWL-530

Link removed by Moderator; see HDForums Rule #9

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 12-29-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Road Master
Send a message via ICQ to mrnone

no
doesn't work
Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Hang Around

MRNONE

Could you be a bit more specific please. What exactly does not work?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Hang Around
Default Solo - FLD?

Do either of these work on the 2012 Switchback FLD? If you've installed on a switchback, please post a picture or two.

Rigid Solo Rack 52796-09 (black)
http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...igid-solo-rack

Detachable Solo Rack 53511-06 (chrome)
http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...able-solo-rack
Old 05-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Road Master

I had bought one of these for my 2007 Dyna. It did not fit, the side mounts were about 0.5" too short and the rack hit my fender. No amount of bending could get it to work.

Since I live in the Philippines, too expensive to return so chucked it for bad experience. At least it was cheap and had it shipped with other stuff. Maybe I just got a bad product.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by q95 View Post
Do either of these work on the 2012 Switchback FLD? If you've installed on a switchback, please post a picture or two.

Rigid Solo Rack 52796-09 (black)
http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...igid-solo-rack

Detachable Solo Rack 53511-06 (chrome)
http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...able-solo-rack

EDIT --->> I heard from a supplier that neither of these work for 2012 FLDs. Back to square one!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Road Master
Send a message via ICQ to mrnone

docking spools are unique to the fld
pretty sure you could install these spools on other dynas so nothing will fit them too
even though they have tried to keep me down I still have a solo rack solo tour pack 2 up tour pak oh and the sissy bar that is the only thing they offer
have welder will travel
save your money
modifying existing docking plates is a waste of money. if you insist on trying softail plates fit the closest but will need major welding
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 AM

P