Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Fat Bob Questions

Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
zoerbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Fat Bob Questions

I'm new to this and just purchased a 2010 Denim Black Fat Bob in march. I have a few questions if anyone cares to give me their ideas. I'm wanting to put new pipes on my bike but don't really want to do a stage one kit yet. I've seen numerous pictures that people have posted online that have aftermarket pipes with the stock air intake/cleaner. Do I have to do the stage one? I'm also wanting to change the rear fender to the wide glide rear fender and lower the front and rear suspension. Should I go with the harley chopped rear fender kit or does anyone have a better idea? I'm also wanting to make all turn signals black. I basically want to change everything chrome to black if I can.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 AM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Any dyna pipe will work, so many options, find one that you like the look. Search for a sound clip using the search button. If you do a high performance air intake you have to also do a performance tuner. More information if you search. Your black signals can be accomplished so many different ways, common one would be to disassemble everything and send it out for powder coating. I recommend Joe he is a member, JRK.... The search function will give you more than enough answers and reading. Oh and there is a fatbob owners thread that has nothing but cool ideas in it.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 AM
russrudder
Intermediate
Default 2010 fat bob

I have been told you do not have to do a stage 1 or add any kind of tuner if you only replace the header pipes or mufflers. Now if you replace both the pipes and the air cleaner then you would have to re-tune your EFI. I went with the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1 and they sound awesome and improve HP.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The chopped rear fender kit is too narrow and not for fatbobs. You can get a newer wide glide fender and it will bolt up. Lots of threads on the fender mod.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
force49r
Tourer

Do it right the first time. Full stage one, then onto cosmetic changes. There's so much you can do to your bike. Mine doesn't even look like my sig picture anymore. I really need to update all pics on here. I'll warn you now, powdercoating is an addiction. A very rewarding one at that.

Last edited by force49r; 05-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

American Iron Magazine wrote a good article a few months back about a 2011 Fat Bob. AMI removed the stock mufflers and replaced them with Screamin' Eagle slip-ons and also added a Screamin' Eagle Ventilator air intake. All without adding any type of tuner. Their mechanics verified that the stock HD ECU compensates just fine for those modifications and the bike ran well with a noticeable power increase.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
zoerbo
Advanced

Thanks for the help guys! Thinking about doing the rear fender and lowering the bike first. I think the exhaust will wait until next year. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i was able to ride mine with the stock exhaust from the dealership to home....that was it, i ordered my V&H the next day.... stock was way way to quiet for me... congrats on the purchase..

Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

a nice sounding exhaust will bring the biggest smiles

Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 AM
zoerbo
Advanced

Injekter...where did you get the black double headlight? Did you have it powdercoated?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Fat Bob Questions