Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do sell bigger ones now ( but i'm happy with mine ) that bolt the same way and they should work with forward controls ...... The ones i have on adjust back and forth and pivot up and down , i have owned 2 fatboys before so i know what it's like to have floorboards and this is all you need !!! The link i posted are not them ( i can tell they don't adjust like mine ) mine are from 2orangeharleys and here is the link they sell 2 different brands one from v-twin and the other custom chrome ( more exspensive ) i have the V-TWIN ones ( same thing ) http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...DS-MALE/Detail , Bigger ones MOONS ---> http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...DS-MALE/Detail

Attached Thumbnails Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide-a1.jpg  

Last edited by Dynaglide68; 07-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bl_dg
Ted,

I'm also looking at putting boards on my Wide Glide.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong...) The latest FXD frame has hard mounts under the engine and ahead of the engine. If you have foot pegs, they mount to the rear points; if you have forward controls, they mount to the front points; if you have Switchback foot boards, they use both front and rear points.

For me, Switchback boards and controls should be a bolt-on. I'm not sure about your 2005 frame. Do you have a way to compare side-by-side with a newer bike?
You are correct for the '06's and newer. For an '05 or earlier, I'm not real sure. You'd have to take some measurements or do a side-by-side comparisons.

Take a look at this. It should give you a little insight.

Here's some pic's http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...Tim/?start=all

Here's a thread with a lot of good info;https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...uperglide.html

Where the FLD brackets come out under the pipes, the wyatts come out over the pipe, and are a little further back, and more level as to slightly down toword the rear (FLD).

If you allready have HD forward controls, some of the parts from them can be used for a "FLD" conversion.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes....Tim(HT)

Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have stirrups with forward controls on the FXD in place of FB's and work great. Also have FB's on the FLH with center controls as there should be.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Ted Tyler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynaglide

i like the half moon D shape ones there 12in big difference in prices and the bolt on different from the first link you posted them are $45
the 12 in half moon ones will them hook up where my pegs are on my forwards

Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

heres my forwards

Attached Thumbnails Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide-img_0279.jpg   Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide-img_0280.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Ted Tyler
Advanced
Default New Floor Boards

ordered my new FL Boards today for the Super Glide said it would take a couple days to get, i will need to build some mounts for them want to have them done for Bike Time sat.
i will post some pics when i get them on

Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

have not got the boards on yet,i think i messed up buying these so fast,i could have bought a complete set of boards of from a road glide,mounting brackets,arms,toe and heal shift, master cyclinder and brake pedal for $110.00
i looked at my neighbors 2005 road glide and it looked like an easy put on.
i am kicking myself now

Old 07-07-2014, 08:30 AM
jasonbum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dynaglide68, those look good. How are they holding up?
Sometimes you find good **** on ebay, but lot of times it's a crapshoot. Those boards look like a good option.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted Tyler
have not got the boards on yet,i think i messed up buying these so fast,i could have bought a complete set of boards of from a road glide,mounting brackets,arms,toe and heal shift, master cyclinder and brake pedal for $110.00
i looked at my neighbors 2005 road glide and it looked like an easy put on.
i am kicking myself now
You would be even more upset if you had purchased the Road Glide hardware. That would be a nightmare of adapters to put together. As SURFOR Chop was explaining earlier, the FL Softail (Twin Cam era) Footboards/Shifters/Brakes are all one piece assemblies that just need a way to be found to bolt them on the bike. I made my own adapters out of aluminum.

Other folks have installed the FLD kit on the 05 and older frame with no issues. That would be the easiest by far for you to do.

Bolt on footboards, while convenient and cheap will always feel like a compromise with the single attachment point. They will pivot back and forth without all that much weight. They are still more comfortable than pegs though.

The whole purpose of footboards over pegs is that footboards have so much surface area for your boot to grip that you can completely relax your legs no matter what the speed. The more highway driving you do, the more footboards will pay off.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

I agree.....the full footboard is only way to go if you do any highway riding. Just lets you relax.

Quick Reply: Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide