Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Ted Tyler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide

i know theres topics on this, mine already has the HD Forward Controls i am 5"7 TALL and the forwards fit me good, i just did a 160 mile ride sunday and my legs were killing me when i got home whats the best way to go for the Boards i know theres a lot of you that has already done this there are a lot of topics on it, it is mind boggling trying to go thru them.
kind of hoping someone will chime in

Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

boards and supports are wide glides and softail boards the same, FL's thats my real ? what will bolt right on and look like it belongs on it

Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

In my view the three best options are:

1. FLD Switchback floorboards

2. Wyatt Gatling reproduction FXDP Police Defender floorboards

3. Softail floorboards

I say these options are the best because one of your criteria is to "look like it belongs" ... The FLD and FXDP were made specifically for the Dyna frame ...

I like the Softail option (what I have been using for about five or six years) ... one of the benefits is that they do not set quite as high or far back as the FLD and FXDP options (the rear of the board mounts to the mid-frame mount and the front of the board mounts to the forward control mount) ... one drawback is they require an adapter which can add a little to the cost ...

Several guys who have done the Softail floorboards have fabricated their own adapter (for example, forum members ackman1968, Lone Watie) ... but, I used the Cycle Visions 'go forward' forward extension kit and just drilled and countersunk a hole to align to the forward control mounting points ...

My thread on how I did it is here ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...na-photos.html

Couple of photos ... you can judge whether you think it looks like they belong ...

Good luck with your project and let us know if you come up with any more specific questions ...

Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ted,

I'm also looking at putting boards on my Wide Glide.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong...) The latest FXD frame has hard mounts under the engine and ahead of the engine. If you have foot pegs, they mount to the rear points; if you have forward controls, they mount to the front points; if you have Switchback foot boards, they use both front and rear points.

For me, Switchback boards and controls should be a bolt-on. I'm not sure about your 2005 frame. Do you have a way to compare side-by-side with a newer bike?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all you need , they bolt on in ten minutes and save $300.00 , I love mine !! http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-FLOORBO...ories&hash=ite

Old 07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dynaglide68
This is all you need , they bolt on in ten minutes and save $300.00 , I love mine !! http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-FLOORBO...ories&hash=ite
i have forward controls on mine not sure how they would look but it sure would be easy to install just remove the foot pegs and bolt them on, i do like the looks of the softail ones though they look like they belong there

Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

they look good on there you did a good job

Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Ted Tyler
Advanced

Originally Posted by bl_dg
Ted,

I'm also looking at putting boards on my Wide Glide.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong...) The latest FXD frame has hard mounts under the engine and ahead of the engine. If you have foot pegs, they mount to the rear points; if you have forward controls, they mount to the front points; if you have Switchback foot boards, they use both front and rear points.

For me, Switchback boards and controls should be a bolt-on. I'm not sure about your 2005 frame. Do you have a way to compare side-by-side with a newer bike?
my buddie has a 2008 super glide i could see what the difference is

Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

Hey Dynaglide68, could you post some more pics of the boards on your bike? Thanks buddy!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Woz10
Cruiser

I've got a switchback if you have any specific questions regarding the floorboards feel free to send them my way if you can't find what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Floor Boards on 2005 Super Glide