Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding 07 fxdwg

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
BUSCHA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding 07 fxdwg

I am about to trade my 08 fxdc for a very low mileage 07 cobalt blue fxdwg from a stealer. I just love the look of the wide glides. I have some questions.

1. Is there anything that I have to worry about? Were there any problems with 2007 engines? Any recalls concerning this specific model (I heard something about problems with the handlebars)?

2. I want to get some drag bars. I have seen some wideglides with street slammers; love the look. In relation to the standard mini apes, do they make you lean forward? I am 5.9 with 30-31 inseam and the set up forward controls - mini apes feels comfortable. I want drag bars but something that would put me in a similar position to the mini apes (but do not like ones with > 8'' risers). Also, what about the HD billet aluminum handlebar? Is it any good? How long are the risers (or can one choose whatever length risers they want)? Pics?

3. Feel free to show off your wideglide. I am looking for ideas regarding pipes, bags, sissy bars, etc. Thanks!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
jto667
Tourer

I got an 06 Wide Glide, Cobalt blue ironically. No issues, my factory apes got warrantied was the only thing. Cracking down at the base or something the MOCO issued a recall for. I lean back pretty nice on mine. I'm 6'4 though. I will be putting on a 3" forward control extension this winter. I don't feel like I have to "reach" at all for the controls though.

I have the 25 degree injectors, never had any of the injector problems that others dealth with, I think the others are 8's....is that right? Mine is of course a 88 TC, not the 96. Love it, I'll never get rid of it. Got a few mods on mine you can see in my sig. PM if you got any questions. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an 07 FXDWG. Just love it. No problems with the engines that I have heard of. There was a recall to do with the handlebars but most bikes are done. You can call a dealer with the SN and they can tell you if it was done or not. As far as the bars go, I'm 6'1" and fit just fine. I put a HD sidekick seat on and it dropped me down and back about an inch each way. Can't say enough good things about this bike.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
BUSCHA
Tourer

jto- thanks! Cobalt blue is a great color. I ordered a 2" tank lift from Jackyl for my FXDC, but hopefully it should work on the wg. Could you please post some pics to see how the bike looks with the tank lift? Are you happy with the lift? Did you have to do any mods to make it fit? I like the emblem in the 06 bike better (red background; 07s have a blue background). Do you think it would be easy for me to order one and fit it to the bike?

BuffaloRider- thanks! Nice bike, love the two tone custom color. I'll ask the dealer whether my bike is subject to the recall.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Jet x 4
Tourer

I am not aware of recalls on 07 WGs. Just run the VIN by the service counter and they can look up any issues or recalls. You used to be able to do this on HDs web site. Not sure if you can anymore.

I traded out my bars for wild one 501s. I'll bet they are exactly what you are looking for. Different look and feel with about the same reach and height.

FXDWGs are great rides. I have a mustang seat with back rest and can ride all day with no problems.

Enjoy the new scoot.

Rich

Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
FiftyFathoms
Intermediate

Here ya go. Sidekick Custom seat on the way.

Attached Thumbnails Questions regarding 07 fxdwg-scotts-2007-fxdwg-042008.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Newhawk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BUSCHA
I like the emblem in the 06 bike better (red background; 07s have a blue background). Do you think it would be easy for me to order one and fit it to the bike?
Huhh? The tank emblem? Mine is an 07 and it has a red background, well at least the left side does, the right side red is fading fast on the tank emblem.
I did have the handle bar replacement and the steering head washer.
No engine problems, in fact at 6500 miles I started making engine modifications of my own to make it more fun.

You can tell if the handle bars have been done by looking where the wires come through bars between the clamps. If it hasn't been changed the hole will have the shape of a paper clip or like a sportster air cleaner cover, if it has been changed the shape of the hole will not have parallel sides and be shaped more like a 07 dyna a/c cover.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
FiftyFathoms
Intermediate

My 07 has the red background emblem also.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
northern lights wg
Advanced

Love mine. The ride is great and with the pcIII the fuel mileage is good. Get alot of looks because I haven't seen a bike with the same color.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I had an '06 and had to sell it, two summers later I bought the 2007. The 2006 was absolutely twice the bike the '07 is. The TC 88 ran circles around this 96", the handle bars on my 'o7 are sloppy. I switched the riser bushings twice and no improvement. I wish like hell I still had the '06, but oh well. My '07 seems to be reliable, and is stilla good bike, but I miss the '06.

here's the '06

Here's the '07

Quick Reply: Questions regarding 07 fxdwg