Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Hang Around
Default lost my left saddle bag

i'm not really sure where to post this, i have a 2012 FLD Switchback. with only 230 miles on the bike i lost my left saddle bag. i have added a trailer hitch to the scoot. i'm really not happy with the original saddle bag attachment. is there a LOCK for the saddle bags. naturally the dealer is of the opion it was my fault...i'd appreciate the help.... also some sort of locking device for the detachable sissy bar set up....tom
Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Road Captain

If you do a search you will find you are not the: first one to not lock the bag properly.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 AM
One Of The Regulars
numismaddict
Red face Lock on saddlebag for FLD; Detachables lock

I guess yes to both questions. There is a lock inside each saddlebag that when turned in the right direction (of course I can't remember and always have to be looking at it) AND if the saddlebag is mounted right in the first place always prevents the bag from falling off. Just about 11,000 miles now on my FLD purchased in July 2011 and I have never had a saddlebag fall off or even show "loose".

As to the detachables set up, yes there is a lock available. 90300048 is the Harley Part number (that's for the chrome one; I can't find the black one on the Harley site anymore for some reason.) $79.95 HD list price.

Kit includes TWO locks, which for me was mostly good since I interchange a sissy bar/backrest/luggage rack with a tourpak on my bike. Not totally good news because I wanted to convert my existing detachable latches from black to chrome, bought a pair of chrome ones, then figured out I need to buy another pair of chrome upgraded latches and throw one of each pair away: the detachable chrome locks only fit on the left side of the accessory, and the chrome latches are unique on each side as well. Sigh.
Red side covers!!!
First 2012 Switchback in Michigan! (well, maybe)
A work in continual progress (well, definitely!)

Last edited by numismaddict; 08-26-2012 at 09:16 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Road Captain

Welcome - Congrats on the new bike and that sucks -

Yes, Brukus, one of the vendors on this site has a selection of items. I just picked up a set of hardware for my bike.

But do like TGWN suggests and you will find posts and additional suggestions that will help.

Good luck -
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM
One Of The Regulars

make your own hitch? I spend a good time on the net looking for one without luck?
2013 xl1200c, mustang wide solo, reduced reach HD bars, kuryakan mini floor boards, 12.5 progressive 430's, cobra 3" slip on mufflers, 636v outlaw intake, powervision tuner, HD quick release solo rack, LRS Mustang windshield, badg customs solo side bag.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Road Warrior

Tom
sorry to hear that happen to you but it is easy to do.. as others have said it is a positive lock and the bags are a bitch to seat all the way.. if that lock doesnt turn fully and drop to lock.. push on the bags again until it does or you risk losing a bag as you have found out.
2012 FLD--- Memphis shades Batwing W/hogtunes and 9" spoiler shield, Ultra lowers, HD Auxiliary light kit W/GP2 gripswitch, street glide 12" air shocks, saddlemen heals down seat with backrest, crossbones AC with K&N filter, Bassani road rage 2-1, V&H fuelpack 3,Truck-lite phase 7 headlight, custom switchback fender emblems-- Electric Cruise Control coming
Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 AM

P