Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat bob exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:58 PM
blackout fxdf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat bob exhaust

I just bought a 2012 fat bob and I'm looking to make the bike louder. Don't have much money to go buy new pipes but don't want to lose power either. Any suggestions?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how motivated you are and how much you want to spend. If you want high quality get a good 2-1 exhaust, or go for a good 2-2 for a lot more sound. If you just want louder sound for not too much much money buy some slip on mufflers to replace the stock ones. If your broke and can't afford much but can't stand the sound, take the baffles out of your stock mufflers and put in some aftermarket baffles like cycle shack baffles. You can also keep an eye out on the classifieds for people selling Fat Bob take offs like Screaming Eagle slip ons etc. and also others selling full exhaust like thunderheader, Vance & Hines, Bassani, etc.

I got my V&H Pro Pipe used on here and selling my stock mufflers with Cycle Shack baffles. Lots more out there if you search.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
blackout fxdf
Intermediate

Thanks for the input the best I could do right now is put in some new baffles I just don't want the bike to be annoying but I want it to be noticeable

Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

we press out stock baffles from stock pipes all the time... just need a long pipe and press

Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackout fxdf
Thanks for the input the best I could do right now is put in some new baffles I just don't want the bike to be annoying but I want it to be noticeable
Cycle shack baffles are $30 and the stock baffles take some elbow work to get the three rivets out but they aren't that tough to remove. No offense JRK5892 cause you do some uber awesome work but I would never pay someone to take the baffles on my exhaust out. It's just too easy of a job to learn to do yourself. Took me about half an hour to do mine just cause they were new and really snugged in there but its the third bike I have debaffled and the Fat Bob was the easiest by far.

Blackout check my link in my sig if your maybe interested in stock cans with cycle shack baffles for cheap then you can sell your clean pretty stockers for a couple of bucks to someone looking for replacements. I upgraded exhaust so all of my stock exhaust is sitting in my garage taking up space.

Last edited by xantasm; 08-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:03 PM
blackout fxdf
Intermediate

thanks xantasm I appreciate the help

Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
fattybob
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these on my fat bob and love them. Great sound and increased torque, not to mention they look great. $480 is a great price.

http://www.directharleyparts.com/exh...yna-p-144.html

Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 PM
gnip
Cruiser

2' of rebar and a hammer, your bike will sound better as soon as it spits out the stock baffle.
I've gone a step further by removing my mufflers and installing after-market baffles in the headers.

Last edited by gnip; 09-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM
fugawi
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

these are what i have. cycle shack 1546.

there is also a good thread on this mode also. cheap and very good sound. best mod to date.. also a very easy mod..

Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 PM
feguy1
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fugawi
these are what i have. cycle shack 1546.

there is also a good thread on this mode also. cheap and very good sound. best mod to date.. also a very easy mod..
+1 0n those baffles. They do sound great.

Quick Reply: Fat bob exhaust